Technical Test Consultant / Automation Tester - Midlands
Technical Test Consultant / Automation Tester
Competitive Salary + Benefits Package (Listed)
About Us at Ten10
Ten10 is the UK's leading software testing consultancy. As a dynamic award winning business, we bring our energy, passion and enthusiasm to everything we do. We reward both team and individual excellence, value new and exciting ideas and we have fun.
As we continue to grow we want to find and develop the best talent in the testing industry to join our amazing teams and deliver outstanding projects. We are a fast paced and forward thinking business so we want to speak to people who are adaptable, agile, ambitious and the best in their field.
Working at Ten10
Ten10 has a culture of transparency, communication and respect. We embrace change, diversity and the opinions of others so our business is a vibrant place to be. Our team of testing experts has built up a wealth of specialist experience and are always learning, growing and evolving to continue to deliver the best possible service.
Being agile and creative encourages innovation and allows us to stay ahead of technological advancements. We accelerate our growth by taking an imaginative and original approach. We are adept at delivering testing solutions across a broad range of tools, technologies and industries.
Progression at Ten10
Ten10 is a consultancy so it is likely you will work across multiple clients, projects and engagements using multiple tools & technologies, which, for the right person will accelerate their knowledge, skills and career.
By empowering our people within our structured multi-level career model, to be both responsible and accountable for their delivery, career and own development, we ensure our people can progress upwards without any limitations other than their own ambition, ability, and attitude.
Being a Technical Test Consultant at Ten10
We are looking for people with a strong technical background who are passionate about delivering quality software. You will apply your extensive knowledge of development software engineering, testing methods, tools and techniques to provide innovative and cutting edge solutions to solve the most challenging problems.
- Design, develop and support a variety of bespoke solutions either built from scratch, using commercial tools or enhancing previously developed Ten10 solutions
- Be technology & tool agnostic and recommend new processes and techniques to improve the capability of testing for our clients and Ten10 as a business
- Work closely with the client to fully understand their requirements, defining and developing the best possible and most valuable solutions
- Provide expert advice and feedback to our clients
- Work closely and collaboratively with other teams across the business
- Produce clear and concise reports and documentation
- Four years commercial experience in a technical role.
- Leadership skills, ability to inspire
- Previous experience in a consultancy environment would be beneficial
- The ability to develop complex code in at least one of the following (Java, Python, Ruby, Scala, C#, C, C++, PHP) including unit testing
- Experience of working with a variety of automation test tools (Selenium, Cucumber, Ranorex, SoapUI, Appium etc.)
- Experience of working in an Agile development environment (SCRUM, Kanban, DSDM, TDD, BDD)
- Understanding of Continuous Integration (Jenkins, Bamboo, Go, Buildbot)
- Understanding of Performance Testing would be beneficial
- Exposure to to working in a DevOps environment would be beneficial
Benefits at Ten10
We also offer a very attractive benefits package which includes (but is not limited to):
- Hours: 7.5h per day, 37.5h per week, Flexible Working
- Holiday: 25 days + Bank Holidays + Loyalty + Holiday Trading (+/-5)
- Technology: Company Laptop, Google Apps & Office 365, Slack
- Schemes: Bonus, Subsidised Gym, Childcare, Bike to Work, Season Ticket
- Pension: Contributory matched by employer up to 5%
- Training: Excellent training and development opportunities are also tailored to you.
- Social: Fridges, Communication Events, Summer & Xmas Parties
- Health: Health Plan, Death In Service, Critical Illness, Eye Tests
- AND: a whole lot more!
Clients at Ten10
You will have the opportunity to work with a diverse client base across the UK covering but not limited to finance, retail, charity, government and egaming. Our clients vary in size from FTSE100 to SMEs and we work both onsite at the client offices and offsite in the Ten10 regional offices, so the diversity and experience you can gain is second to none.
Community at Ten10
Ten10 enthusiastically contributes to and supports the development of our community and environment. We encourage young people to get involved with technology through code clubs and STEM for girls, and continuously support and actively engage women in their career development through Ten10 Women, as well as actively fundraising for a wide range of charity events for Cancer Research UK and Ataxia.
**Ten10 is dedicated to promotion of equal opportunity and non-discrimination. We want to recruit outstanding people for our team on the basis of capability, regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital status, civil partner status, pregnancy, maternity, race, nationality, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, belief, sex or sexual orientation.
We make sure that all applicants are treated fairly throughout our recruitment process.
Employees who are involved in the selection and interviewing process will be fully aware of relevant legislation and the importance of avoiding discrimination.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959260577