Quality Assurance Engineer
TM Resourcing (Technical & Engineering) are recruiting on behalf of a rapidly growing organisation based in Nuneaton.
Our client in an award winning sub-contract engineering organisation mainly operating within Aerospace & Industrial.
Due to continued growth, they are now ready to drastically increase their staffing levels permanently. We are on the lookout for an experienced Quality Assurance Engineer.
- To aid in the maintenance and support of quality standards across the company and, as appropriate, implement and communicate new standards, and requirements.
- To execute planned and systematic activities implemented in the Quality system so that quality requirements for the product will be fulfilled. Those activities include:
- Develop all the planning processes and procedures in order to ensure that the products manufactured by the Company are of the best quality.
- Define the standards/methodology to be followed in order to meet the customer requirements.
- Monitor the development process throughout its entire cycle (e.g., performing internal audits and reviews) comparing the results with the processes and standards defined in the organisation, making sure you are doing the right things, the right way, the first time
Key Result Areas
- Leading all quality relevant activities and ensuring all products meet the defined standards.
- Create and support quality documents.
- Support quality assurance agreements with suppliers
- Maintain and plan continuous improvement for the internal quality management system.
- Organise and manage external audits of the supply chain with the SCM.
- Manage the internal supply chain and external customer interfaces for all matters related to quality.
- Investigate, resolve and report on root cause analysis and corrective actions for quality failures (covers internally and externally raised concerns).
- Provide direction and set visual acceptance standards minimising loss through subjectivity.
- To work with the site engineering and manufacturing staff on quality assurance requirements regarding continuous improvement plans and projects.
- To work with site staff and customers regarding quality plans for new product / projects and reviewing continuous improvement for quality plans for mature products.
- To ensure that all relevant or requested information is prepared and supplied to customers or colleagues as required, expected or promised in agreed format and time scale.
- To carry out all responsibilities and tasks with reference, consideration and adherence to site procedures.
- Quality Assurance Manager
- Quality Department
- Engineering Department
- Management Team
- Team Leaders & Charge-hands
- Human Resources
- Accreditation Bodies
- HND in manufacturing, quality engineering or equivalent - desirable.
- Aerospace background - preferable and will consider automotive.
- Previous successful experience in a similar role in Quality Assurance.
- Attention to detail, accuracy and ability to work to tight deadlines is essential
- To have the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- To have excellent communication skills, both internally and externally with customers and suppliers.
- To be assertive and challenge where required.
Annual salary between GBP27-30K (Depending on experience)
- 5 weeks holiday plus bank holidays per annum can be taken in 15 minute slots. Example: you can take 45 mins holiday if you want to leave early rather than half a day.
- Profit-share bonus - subject to t&cs
- Westfield health plan (following successful probation period)
- Company sick pay scheme (following successful probation period)