Opportunity: Transport Planner
Organisation: Third Party Logistics Provider
Location: Rugby, Warwickshire
Remuneration: Circa GBP33,000
Blue Dot Search & Selection is proud to partner with this third party logistics service provider in seeking to recruit a high calibre Transport Planner to be based at its distribution centre in the Rugby, Warwickshire area.
This is a fast paced, specialist distribution operation supporting multiple clients and as such demands first class technical and operational knowledge and experience.
Reporting to the Transport Planning Manager this position holds responsibility for the planning of OTIF delivery of products via the most efficient and cost effective means and the optimal utilisation of resources, own fleet and subcontractors in line with current transport legislation and guidelines.
This will include the production of daily transport plans for the hub transport execution teams to resource and operate against. The transport planner will also be responsible for amending the transport plans as appropriate through direct communication with various clients and hub transport teams. The planner will also be expected to formulate the daily trunk schedule and communicate it to the relevant departments within the organisation. The generation of live as well as retrospective reports and KPI's will be key to understanding operational progress.
- Experience gained within a similar fast paced third party logistics Transport Planning position coupled with a good geographical knowledge of the UK
- Well developed communication and relationship building skills with the ability to influence and negotiate at all levels within the business as well as with customer contacts an external suppliers
- The ability to think clearly under pressure and develop solutions to issues in real time as they occur
- An excellent knowledge of transport legislation, rules and guidelines including Drivers Hours, Tachograph and Working Time Directive
- Knowledge and experience of a variety of computer applications including the Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word) as well as specialised transport management systems (eg. Paragon & Isotrak)
To explore this opportunity further please forward your current curriculum vitae / resume with a covering note (quoting reference BD832212MJH).