Assistant Content Marketing Manager - Redditch, Worcestershire
Working with one of the UK's most well-known brands offers more freedom and opportunity than you might think. Because while we're long established, we're also always on the go, evolving our look and message to resonate better with our customers.
Working with us is all about working together. Your expertise and ambition can fuel real career growth within teams that are supportive, inclusive and confident.
As a Sunday Times Top 30 Best Big Company to Work For, we listen to and engage with our people to create a culture where people enjoy their work, positively thrive in their career progression and are rewarded accordingly.
So, as well as all the development opportunity and potential you need to go further faster, you'll be rewarded with a package of benefits that designed to look after you along the way, with a competitive starting salary, just for starters.
With so many product ranges and so much to say, there's infinite opportunity to bring your creativity to work every day,
So, if you are creative and thrive on developing customer focused ideas that are backed up with sound analytical thinking, have lots of ambition and love to work as part of a close knit team, this is where your marketing career can go much further.
The role of Assistant Content Marketing Manager sits in the Advertising and Digital Marketing team, playing a pivotal role in driving relevant brand awareness, engagement and consideration through the delivery of engaging content across multiple marketing channels.
The Assistant Content Marketing Manager will be responsible for the development and delivery of cross channel content in line with advertising and content plans; from briefing and managing the design development of collateral through to project managing shoots and the delivery of fit for purpose, channel appropriate assets. The role of Assistant Content Marketing Manager will be to be the guardian of collateral produced and the on-going management of the asset library ensuring that all content being used is within rights and meets brand guidelines.
- Work cross functionally with the wider marketing team and categories to identify relevant content ideas and obtain sign off of all copy. Optimise the use of suppliers where possible.
- Photography - manage the whole process of a photography shoot from briefing and managing the design development, organising the product and production side of the shoot for the Company through to asset delivery and on-going management of content library
- Video- manage the whole process of video from briefing and managing the design development, ensuring collateral meets the objectives of the Company's video framework, through to asset delivery and on-going management of content library
- Social content - work alongside Social Media Team to support the development of content ensuring that content produced is fit for purpose across all social media channels
- Proactive content discovery, innovating and looking at new ways in which to communicate key messages
- Provide content support throughout the Advertising and Digital Marketing team
- Delivering consistent communications through the development of content that adheres to brand guidelines l
- Explore ways in which content where appropriate can be re-purposed across other marketing channels
- Project planning and management
- Brief internal and external designers
Reporting and analysis
- Report on and analyse the performance of content produced in line with objectives and KPI's so that learning's are used to inform future content
- Keep up-to-date on latest design guidelines and policies as well as best practice for content
- Analyse competitor activity on a regular basis to ensure Halfords content meets rising customer expectations in a competitive market place.
Knowledge and Skills
- Creative and strategic thinker
- Excellent communication and copywriting skills
- Creative flair to adapt business/sales topics into customer focused content
- Working knowledge of video and channel specific requirements for content
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience of managing external agencies
- Ability to deal with external stakeholders and with senior management
- Strong organisational skillsAbility to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team
- Use of initiative
- Strong presentation skillsWork well in fast-paced environment
- Experience of Content Management tools
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Working knowledge of design packages, photoshop
- Experience of managing the production of video content
- Experience of developing managing the production photography
Must have at least 2+ year's experience of content creation
Experience of liaising with external agencies and brands
Experience of multi-channel retail is an advantage