International Payroll Manager
FRS are supporting a global payroll business during a time of rapid growth. This is a fantastic and rare opportunity to join a globally renowned business who work with prestigious organisations worldwide. The working atmosphere is fresh and friendly with staff who boast a work-hard play-hard mindset.
• Manage the monthly international payrolls for all countries, ensuring the timely receipt and delivery of payroll data in accordance with operational schedules.
• Manage engagement with local in-country payroll providers and partners (ICPP) to meet delivery timelines while minimizing escalations.
• Manage all in-house payrolls for which there are no in-country payroll providers.
• Liaise with the ICPPs to ensure local legislation is understood to ensure the correct invoicing of charges to clients and contractors.
• Ensuring the accruals for holiday pay, 13th/14th month payments, indemnity pay, etc. are fully recognised and recharged.
• Audit payroll results received from in country partners to ensure accuracy.
• Ensure all tax and social security payments to the relevant overseas authorities are made correctly and on time.
• Prepare monthly journal entries and reconcile all payroll control accounts.
• Ensure all communicated changes to the payroll are accurately conveyed to the ICPPs through our payroll portals.
• Check and validate information being received from consultants to process their monthly payments.
• Ensure holidays and sick leave is accurately recorded through the payroll systems.
• Ensure all consultants' payments are processed through the bank channels and submit for authorisation.
• Validate the taxes being paid for accuracy and reconcile to the information provided by the ICPPs
. • Reconcile all payroll control accounts.
• Submit periodic invoices to clients, ensuring invoices are settled prior to releasing the related salary payments.
• Produce the payroll journals for posting to the financial accounting system
• Check and validate expense claims ensuring they are compliant with the agreed expense policy for each country.
• Ensure new payroll setups are properly managed by the ICPPs.
• Working with other solution teams to ensure full resolution of any client enquiries in line with company Service Level Agreements.
• Consistent focus on quality, accuracy, and timeliness of payroll related activities
• Provide holiday / sickness cover for other department members. Person Specification This role is most suited to someone with the following attributes:
• Graduate • ACA (ICAEW)/ACCA/ACMA/US GAAP part qualification
• Strong relationship management skills
• Passion for service excellence
• Ability to set and work to high quality standards and attention to detail
• Strong analytical problem solving skills
• Accuracy with record keeping and reconciliation
• An ability to learn and think within very short timescales
• Ability to work to tight deadlines
• Follows procedures and policies and keep to working schedules
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Proven experience within a payroll or finance environment.
• A good understanding of UK and European payroll legislation
• Fluency in English and one other major European languages desirable but not essential Working hours are Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. This may occasionally require some flexibility to liaise with clients in different time zones and to ensure payrolls are processed on time. Salary: GBP28,000 (Negotiable)
FRS strives to be an equal opportunities employer, and is committed to treating all applicants alike. FRS does not treat any individual on grounds of sex, age, colour, marital status, race, nationality or ethnic or national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability or membership or non-membership of a trade union, less favourably than others. All vacancies advertised are open to all ages.