Maintenance Process Engineer
Job: Process Engineer (Maintenance)
Salary: GBP35-40k + benefits
A new opportunity has arisen for a Process Engineer to join a prominent engineering company based in Shrewsbury on a permanent basis.
My client is a market-leader within the automotive sector, and they are looking to recruit a maintenance-focused Process Engineer to join the business.
As a key member of the maintenance team, the primary aim of the Process Engineer role is to drive and facilitate continuous improvements within the maintenance department, ensuring maximisation of the processes in respect of EHS, Quality, Cost and delivery.
The Maintenance Process Engineer will:
- To lead and develop the creation and maintenance of standard operating procedures and safe systems of work for all processes.
- To ensure effective preventative maintenance schedules are created and adhered to.
- Develop a continuous improvement culture which will improve the OEE of the area
- Support the site improvement process to maximise the effectiveness of the area
- Monitor output of the area recording issues through pareto and creating action plans to eliminate and wastes.
- Lead the introduction of new products and engineering changes within the area through cross functional working
- New equipment approvals to be signed off based on specific business / project criteria
- Monitor the control plans and FMEA's for the area updating where applicable with the quality team
You will ideally have the following skills / experience:
- Manufacturing Engineering experience
- Press, robot, welding and automation experience would be beneficial
- Previous experience in high volume production environment
- Previous experience of problem resolution and corrective actions
- Ability to programme robots etc using PLC control systems
- Previous experience of cycle time reduction
- Robotic mig welding experience would also be beneficial but not essential
If you are interested in this opportunity please reply with an updated CV as soon as possible.
Premier are acting as an employment agency