Senior Financial Reporting Accountant
Circa GBP60,000 + 10% Bonus + Benefits
Based Wythall, South Birmingham (B47)
Joining Phoenix Group offers you the exciting prospect of developing your career with one of 'Britain's Top Employers'. We can provide you the opportunity to make the most of your financial accounting, statutory and regulatory reporting skills, in a unique setting, with the UK's largest closed life and pension fund consolidator.
With around 6.1 million policyholders and assets under management of over GBP75 billion, our unique business model - utilising a network of outsourced service providers - means we can focus on our core objective of being a 'best in class' financial and risk management enterprise, and the industry leader in the secure and profitable management of closed life funds.
About the role:
We are looking for a Senior Financial Reporting Accountant to join our Financial Reporting team. You'll provide technical accounting and regulatory reporting insights, leveraging these skills to support our end-to-end financial reporting processes. By monitoring our business and the external environment, you'll identify relevant developments and implement any necessary changes to our financial reporting landscape. You'll liaise with stakeholders across the organisation to secure the required inputs for narrative reporting purposes to meet our obligations as a highly-regarded FTSE 250 organisation.
Some of your key objectives will be:
• Providing quality technical accounting support to the department and strategic projects;
• Overseeing quality narrative reporting through the co-ordination of requirements across internal suppliers;
• Ensuring the effectiveness of the control environment across the team; and
• Preparing and co-ordinating Committee and Board updates on behalf of Life Finance.
What we're looking for:
As a qualified accountant with proven technical financial reporting experience, you will have worked in a Financial Services or Audit / Consultancy environment. You should also be able to demonstrate:
• Strong technical accounting knowledge and a high level of analytical skills;
• Ability to apply understanding of reporting standards under IFRS and Solvency II;
• A detailed knowledge of the practical issues involved in the production of financial reports;
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with a wide range of stakeholders;
• Ability to take ownership and accountability of a wide scope of work;
• Adaptability and approachability in a close team environment; and
• Ability to be self-motivated and organised, with a passion to share best practice across the team.
We value our employees highly and have been Britain's Top Employer for the last 6 consecutive years and are a member of the FTSE 250 index. We put people first in everything we do and are always looking for new professionals to join our talented team. Our funds are closed, enabling us to focus on areas that other businesses can't. This means that, among the many benefits of working at Phoenix (such as free lunches at our onsite restaurant, nature trail walk, putting green, free car parking, subsidised onsite sport facilities including gym, football & cricket pitches, tennis courts, excellent rewards schemes???we could go on!), our staff can enjoy exposure to a diverse workload not found elsewhere. We're proud of what we do, and we offer excellent training opportunities, career development and company culture.
N.B. When on the Phoenix Careers site, first time visitors will be asked to register before applying.
Closing date: Midnight, Thursday 19th October 2017