IFRS 16 Data Analyst - HSBC
IFRS 16 Data Analyst - HSBC
Initial 6 month contract based in Birmingham starting in Jan 18
IFRS 16 is an IASB standard on Leases which requires to be implemented by 1 January 2019. The IFRS 16 project is a Global Finance regulatory change project.
The Data Analyst undertakes quantitative and qualitative analysis in order to elicit clear data requirements from the business, and translate these effectively throughout the project lifecycle. The Data Analyst is competent in business analysis and can undertake activities without guidance.
The Data Analyst will:
- Conduct data analysis for lease management, ensuring lease data modelling is aligned with solution design and target operating model.
- Define, develop and translate data requirements to deliver the change across impacted business processes and the new lease accounting system applying a good understanding of some approaches, tools and techniques for gathering, clarifying and managing business requirements.
- Without guidance, define, develop and translate requirements, applying principles of a good requirement, at several stages of the project lifecycle from high level business requirements through to, for example, process requirements, functional requirements, user requirements, system requirements and data requirements, as well as test conditions.
- Work closely with HOST and support effective management of the interface between requirements analysis and system design, monitoring appropriate accountabilities, as well as effective alignment of system design to user requirements.
- Support implementation and day to day running of requirement management systems, change control and document standards, without guidance.
- Work in alignment with the Business Transformation Framework.
- The Data Analyst engages a wide spectrum of stakeholders and partners across the business
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
- Proven and progressive analytical experience in data analysis and change
- Appreciation of financial services industry and interest in practice area
- Some experience of quantitative analysis, including statistical modelling
- Ability to work with little supervision, proactive, with drive and energy
- Team player able to manage conflict and conflicting priorities
- Attention to detail and desire and ability to see a task through to the end
- Good interpersonal skills (both written and oral)
- Flexible and adaptable approach
- Desire and commitment to make a difference
- Dynamic and willing to challenge the status quo
- Ability to understand the detail but also appreciate the big picture
- Delivery focused, and able to prioritise own work and meet and manage deadlines
- Knowledge of lease management processes is preferred, though not essential
Please submit your CV in the first instance