Northrop Grumman is involved in a range of future game-changing defence and security programmes. Whether this is as a partner in the F-35 Lightning II providing the aircraft with much of its situational awareness and communications, as a leading specialist in large intelligence datasets, as a pre-eminent provider of High Altitude Long Endurance unmanned aircraft systems, or as the 'go to' provider for truly open system architectures for battlespace networks, communications, and command and control, Northrop Grumman has an unparalleled reputation as an innovator.
The role of Quality Inspector is to carry out Quality functions in support of the assembly workshop in order to control and improve current processes and procedures. The job exists as a result of the requirements of the new CUTLASS contract extension in relation to Quality and inspection activities. The job will require a previous working knowledge of inspection techniques, calibration and quality deliverables in accordance with ISO 9001. Continual improvement opportunities and demonstrable benefits,either in cost and / or time saving, will be required.
- Support the Governance & Standards Manager in maintaining ISO certifications held across NORTHROP GRUMMAN MISSION SYSTEMS EUROPE (currently ISO 9001, ISO 27001 and ISO 20000).
- Support the Governance & Standards Manager in the coordination of continuous improvement activities, working with the business functions to ensure processes and procedures are up to date, efficient and align with standards promoting best practice
- Perform goods inwards inspections of product against engineering drawings, to include FAIR inspections using CMM machine (Trimos Altia), Vernier, micrometers and other inspection tools as required.
- Identify and control items that have a 'shelf life'.
- Support the calibration of equipment process, when required.
- Perform sample audits / inspections of critical 'Ship-to-stock' product in stores.
- Maintain local lists of current supplier ISO 9001 certificates.
- Write and maintain Control Plans and Work Instructions for assembly repair and new build processes.
- Identify changes and implement improvements to local repair and new build processes and procedures.
- Support internal, external and supplier audits. To include tracking progress of non-conformities and preventive actions through to closure.
- Monitor and measure performance against Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) within the build and repair lifecycles and identify / implement continual improvement opportunities.
- Carry out regular witnessing of repair / new build work and tests, both internally and at suppliers.
- Carry out 'Out of Box' (OOB) audits on equipment.
- Carry out product inspections and sign off 'Certificate of Conformance' (C of C).
- Assist with stock takes and inventory checks, as required.
For Assigned Bids and Programmes:
- Conduct MA/QA activities during business acquisition and programme execution in accordance with company processes and procedures
- Provide MA/QA input into Proposals and Programmes as required including MA/QA Plans
- Define, scope and document MA/QA activities required for programme execution and provide accurate cost forecasts for these activities
- Coordinate and participate in bid and programme Gate Reviews
- Support supplier evaluation and supplier risk assessment and establish relationships with supplier Quality personnel during acquisition phase
- Assist with the flow down of MA/QA requirements to suppliers
- Assess adequacy of Risk and Opportunity Management activities on bids and programmes
- Support sub-contract management activities during programme execution
- Develop and document processes to describe any programme specific additions / deviations to the company Quality Management System where required in order to satisfy project specific requirements
- Provide MA/QA reports as required to support MSE internal activities, escalating significant issues or risks to the Governance and Standards Manager.
- Ensure that customer deliverables meet MSE Quality Standards. Authority to prevent the release of deliverables until such standards are achieved.
- Collect, interpret and present MA/QA metrics to the Governance & Standards Manager in order to support the development of process improvement initiatives
- Support and provide input to the Governance & Standards Manager for monthly management reporting.
- Hold UK nationalilty with Security Clearance (SC) or be willing to undertake the checks required to successfully achieve SC clearance
- Hold a current UK driving licence
- Be conversant with NATO AQAP's and/or MoD Defence Standards
- Be able to read and interrogate engineering drawings including geometric dimensioning and tolerancing