An privately owned SME business with ambitious growth plans for the future. With a turnover just below GBP10m the company are now looking to increase their Senior Management team. The business operates in a niche market and has an impressive list of blue chip and SME clients. A technology business with hardware and software applications.
This is a fantastic opportunity to head up the company technical department reporting into a dynamic and forward thinking Chairman and Managing Director. The role will cover many different facets of product development and project management and will also have a wider strategic focus in regards to the direction of the company as a whole.
This role will take a lead in developing new products offerings as well as project management of existing projects with the company client base. To be successful in this role you will have the technical ability but also be comfortable managing staff internally and presenting to clients externally.
Key duties will include -
- Product development - including research and evaluation of new products (software).
- Implementing the technical strategic direction of the business.
- Full life cycle project management.
- Experience in outsourcing software / hardware development.
- Understanding of wireless technology.
- Managing a small team of staff across the technical department.
- Risk assessments and feasibility studies.
- Competitor analysis.
- ISO 9001
- Managing project funding.
- Budgets and negotiating with suppliers.
- Managing sub-contract hire.
You will be a Senior Executive educated to degree level (possible in engineering / electronics / IT type discipline) with experience in an SME and niche product development. An understanding of software and software development, IoT, app development or similar.
The company understands you may not have exposure to their niche product area but they are willing to look at people from similar industry backgrounds and experience. It is important you are eager to learn and have a mindset of continuous improvement and development.