Microbiology Team Leader
Excellent opportunity for a Microbiology team leader position within an international Microbiology food testing laboratory!
Permanent role, paying up to GBP20,000- 23,000 per annum
Search Scientific consultancy is a recruitment partner to an international food testing company who are looking for a Microbiology team leader to join their team based in Stoke-on-Trent. This is a great opportunity to gain experience with a desirable employer, where the successful individual will be performing food microbiological analysis and day to day support in the laboratory.
- Carry out reading and confirmation of plates
- Ensure all team members are performing duties/tests to the specified quality and technical standards
- Ensure hygiene levels are maintained and improved
- Ensure plates are read and confirmation tests are carried out/read on time
- Ensure all results are entered onto LIMS on time
- Ensure results are reported to utility customers on time
- Ensure laboratory has adequate stock of consumables to run the shifts
- Placing orders of consumables
- Communicate any operational issues immediately and directly to Laboratory Coordinator and ensure that any equipment faults or failures or any other issues are highlighted immediately
- Experience within laboratory environment working as a Microbiologist.
- Experience in working according to ISO17025 guidelines.
- Experience in managing team
- Degree in Science or related field
- Experience in water testing preferred but not essential.
- Experience in Microbiology method validation is preferred but not essential.
If your skills match the above and you are interested in this position, then please apply online or contact Pabudu on or Email to
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.