Lead Java and Scala Engineer
We're taking on the establishment in the FinTech space and beating them. Our product was launched in 2015 and so far, we have over 5 million and half users and have won numerous awards for innovation. It's a great start, but there's lots more to get involved with.
We work in an Agile faction model and your responsibility will be as a technical lead and line manager for the Java and Scala teams. You will have advanced open source back end development skills, primarily Java 8 and Scala and will also help design our microservices architecture pattern. The team has a huge amount to deliver, so as their manager you will set their Okr's (objectives and key results) as well as individually contributing to API integration with our financial services partners.
- Lead a group of 8-10 Java/Scala developers that work in an Agile/Faction manner.
- Develop our Swagger API user interface.
- Tests our teams output by leading our TDD and peer code reviews.
- You will remain hands and be part of one of our delivery teams but also provide strong team leadership to the group.
- Work on and maintain our database which is Postgres, Redis, Amazon S3 and Aamazon Dynamo DB.
- Examine some of our existing monolithic systems and modify them to help us scale as a business.
- Drive forward innovation and help us move from Java8 to Java9 later this year, also heavy use of Scala.
- Real responsibility working in a high performance, entrepreneurial environment that values the craft of building cutting edge and beautiful web and mobile products.
- Lead API integration with some of our key partners.
- Design our Microservices architecture platform.
- Set the vision for the team and take a lead of Scrums/Sprints, working on specifications with the product team.
- Examine our existing Java 8/Scala
- Experience leading an open source development team, working in both Scala and Java 8 of at least 5 people.
- Experience leading an organisation from a monolithic model to Microservices and leading on the design.
- Be a senior Java and Scala software engineer with experience of working within financial services organisations.
- Have experience of api integration with financial services organisations
- Experience working with RESTful web services.
- Plan and maintain our database structures.
- Experience with Postgres/Redis/Amazon S3 database technology.
- Educated to Masters level in either Technology or Engineering
Our offices are in Vauxhall and are brand new and dog friendly. We enjoy perks like free breakfasts, monthly office days out and a loads of sporting activities.
We're a sociable bunch, and we enjoy each other's company. So it's important that you're a great fit for our company culture. These are some of the things we look for:
- Friendly people who like to join in (and have great Slack banter)
- Pride in the work you do and everything you get involved with
- Independent thinking, and not being afraid to suggest new ideas
- Obsession with your craft, down to the smallest detail
- Data driven but able to make judgment calls when necessary
- Driven by delivery, delivering on time and to a high standard
- Holidays - 25 paid holidays and a "duvet day" on your birthday
- Pension - ClearScore matches up to 3%
- Medical Insurance - being implemented this month
- Perk box - a choice of different benefits
- Flexible work hours and the ability to work from home
- Free breakfast and fruit??????and a beer fridge
- Company personal trainer and boxing classes, plus we play football every week
- Monthly company events and office days out that we get to pick.
Role Posting Date 6th October 2017
Closing Date 5th November 2017
Expected Salary Range- Competitive