With offices around the UK this client is seeking an HR Assistant to join the HR team at the office in Stoke-on-Trent.
An established and well known company, this is a fantastic opportunity to work closely alongside the Head of HR and to gain the support and guidance from this colleague. This is a role where there is scope for progression; the Head of HR has said that they want a candidate who wants their job. They will pay study support if required and will provide support and guidance to the successful candidate.
Working within an established office with a range of departments this is a a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious HR Assistant.
You will be working within the HR function of this large Nationwide business with responsibility for a number of duties. These duties will cover a range of areas. Duties will include;
- Compiling reports on attendance/sickness of employee base, including management of holiday allocation and booking and shift-patterns
- Maintain HR records ensuring these remain up to date and secure
- Manage the employee lifecycle; from initial on-boarding to exit interviews
- Assist with any system upgrades and implementation
- Provide training support in relation to venue allocation and contacting training providers
- Managing the recruitment of new staff, including advertising, contacting agencies, communication with candidates and preparing information for hiring managers
- Manage pre-employment checks if relevant
- Other associated recruitment processes
- Assisting with payroll procedures, managing overtime logging etc
- Managing queries from line managers
- Assisting with the updating of any company policies as required
- Any other ad hoc duties
You will have experience of working in a similar environment and will be a confident, calm and engaging employee. Working directly alongside the Head of HR, as HR Assistant you will have excellent communication skills and will be able to speak to colleagues, external companies and visitors with ease.
You will ideally have completed CIPD study or will be studying towards this. Study support will be provided to the successful candidate after probationary periods. As is to be expected within HR you will have the ability to handle personal and sensitive data in strict confidence.
IT skills are essential for this role, including Microsoft programs. Experience of working with HR systems in the past would be desirable.
Meadowbank Associates and the Absolute Solutions Group are happy to consider applications from any candidate who is able to demonstrate the skills required for the role. Any reference to years' experience, required qualifications and salary levels are used as a guide only. If you would like further information please apply and we will have a confidential discussion about the role.