Plant Engineering Project Engineer UK Tamworth
Founded in 1907 in Seattle, Washington USA, UPS are the largest parcel delivery service in the world and one of the leading global providers of specialized transportation and logistics services. UPS employs nearly 400,000 staff world wide and serves more than 220 countries and territories.
The main purpose of the role will be to manage construction projects of low to moderate complexity and risk (i.e. conveyor installations and facility modifications) The successful candidate would adhere to contract documentation, scheduled timelines and cost control parameters. The position may develop project documentation eg request for appropriation project scope of work, estimates etc. This position supervises the PE part time Supervisor.
Dependent on location, shifts may vary over a 24 hour period in order to support the operation.
- Administer Construction Process
- Analyse Conveyor Process Issues
- Adhere to Project Cost Control Standards
- Follow Construction Quality Standards
- Conduct Vendor Research
- Support Environmental and Safety Compliance
Key Skills and Experience:
- Degree (or equivalent) in Engineering, with relevant experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able To Prepare Engineering Designs & Specifications
- Good Cost Estimating Skills
- Good Negotiation Skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Able to work on own initiative and prioritize accordingly
- Willing to work flexible hours including call out coverage
- Flexible, friendly and enthusiastic attitude
We offer a wide range of benefits from a Company pension scheme to a corporate discount programme.
UPS operates a 'promotion from within policy' with all our employees having the opportunity to progress within the Company.