Relief Support Worker - Cannock, Staffs
Are you extremely passionate about supporting people who have a Learning Disability?
We support 12 people with a learning disability who live in a supported living service in Cannock. We are looking to grow our team of dedicated, caring and enthusiastic Relief Support Workers.
As a support worker you will be supporting people in different ways. The type of support you will provide would be around administering medication, helping with personal care and offering support with cooking healthy meals.
Being a support worker isn't job, its about enabling the people we support to live a full and active fun life! This could be anything from going bowling, knitting blankets for the local dog shelter, having a chit chat and sharing jokes to going away on holiday and having an adventure. Creating memories with these individuals is one of the rewarding parts of being a support worker!
Being a Relief Support means that you can choose the days that you work, however, we would expect you to be available at least 2 days per week work, the shift patterns tend to be 07.00 am - 14.30 pm 14.30 pm -22.00 pm and Night shifts are 22.00pm - 7.00am as the people we support require 24 hours a day.
One of the most amazing things about being a Support Worker is that anyone can do it! As long as you have a positive attitude and want to improve the lives of those with a learning disability, we will support you with progression opportunities throughout your career with us.
An enhanced DBS will be required for each successful candidate (Paid for by Mencap, T&Cs apply)
Job Reference 10166
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- Amazing Induction from day 1
- Access to award winning training and development
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Loans for bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencap extras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&Cs apply based on contract
Mencap is the leading voice of learning disability. Our vision is a world where people with a learning disability are valued equally, listened to and included.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. Youll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. Well ask a lot of you - but youll get back so much more. With us, its never just a job.
Support workers have a massive impact on the lives of the people they support. You can help us to make a difference to the lives of people with a learning disability here and now.