Senior Systems Engineer
I am currently recruiting for a Senior Systems Engineer, this role is a temporary to permanent with a 3 month contract to then be taken on a permanent basis.
This role is to assist the existing team members with maintaining, supporting and developing the infrastructure and specialised applications within the firm. This role will also be required to assist in maintaining, supporting and developing all other hardware and systems covered by the support team as required. Input will be required towards liaising with 3rd party suppliers and defining strategies for a diverse range of infrastructure services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The role holder will be allocated a mix of systems and technologies for which they have primary, secondary or tertiary responsibilities.
- To manage, ensuring the availability, integrity and performance, and improve all aspects of the infrastructure services.
- Continuous evaluation and improvement of systems under management of the Tech Ops Department.
- Documentation of managed systems, including all related / dependent processes.
- Working with the Service Desk, Senior Analysts and Developers, providing support to resolve issues reported and improve stability and performance of systems and services.
- Provisioning of systems, services and applications in relation to major projects.
- Supporting and managing all hosted servers at our data centre (London docks)
- Regular monitoring (including morning health checks) of all Infrastructure and services under management of the Support team.
- Conduct pro-active activities and reporting to ensure the continual availability and performance of the services you have primary responsibility for.
- Responding to escalated calls from the Service Desk; updating the calls as per the agreed processes; communicating solutions to colleagues and end users; providing timely communication to all involved parties.
- Assisting team and department members in all aspects of Operational Support.
- Adherence / enforcement of implemented policies, processes and procedures generally.
- Monitoring system capacity and performance; providing extrapolation of computing and storage requirements to maintain required performance.
- Documentation of configurations for all systems under management, including creation and Maintenance of test plans.
- Using acquired knowledge of the business and IT infrastructure to assisting with general IT initiatives and support requests as required from time to time.
- Escalating issues as appropriate to the IT Operations Manager in a timely manner.
- Undertaking infrastructure related projects, and creating project plans for those projects you lead. This includes the maintenance of regional offices throughout the UK.
Skills & Experience:
- Proven experience and understanding of Windows 2003, 2008R2, 2012 Server core services and Active Directory management (including Group Policy, login scripts and roles).
- Experienced with Server Virtualisation technologies (VMWare), including maintaining and provisioning.
- Experienced in installing and supporting Exchange 2003,2007,2010 and on, inc Office 365.
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability.
- Excellent working knowledge of core networking services (e.g.TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, RDP, SNMP, LDAP, Kerberos)
- NAS / SAN storage infrastructures.
- Networking skills (switching, routing, VLANs, PoE, WLAN, MPLS).
- IT related Degree and/or Microsoft certifications - MSCE, MCITP.
- Knowledge of information security standards, frameworks, ISO27001.
- Ability to analyse complex technical landscapes and evaluate technical solutions.
- Proven ability to produce high quality deliverables in terms of content and presentation.
Premier are acting as an employment agency