New Business Administration Support
Our client is recruiting a New Business Administration Support to join their expanding team.
- Ensure that all New Business that is received either from the IFA, email or post is accurately logged into the NB workflow
- Point of contact for clients, providers and members of the business
- Update and manage a diary system, dealing with the relevant new business diary entries within set SLA's (service level agreements) to the conclusion of the new business processing
- Liaise with both internal and external stakeholders by telephone, letter and e-mail
- Maintain all administration systems, ensuring that all client data is accurate and up to date
- Assist with the management of the IFAs pipeline of new business
- Use online systems where necessary to obtain information for new business trackingOverseeing workflow management and co-ordinating functions within the team
- Act as support to team members in communications to IFAs re initial case checking
- Act as a referral point for team members in relation to regulatory queries
- Provide administrative support
- Refer any New Business to Compliance that requires a pre-check before submission
- Manage the New Business emails ensuring that the queries are answered or referred
- Ensure that any post received is distributed or dealt with each day
- Check the FPR's each morning so that they are posted when the relevant business has been processed
- Check the Virtual Cabinet daily ensuring that this is dealt with or distributed to the relevant team members
- Accurately scan and attach compliance documents via the internal Document Management System to appointed Case Owner's In-tray
- Any other reasonable request made by a Director/Manager of the business
- Scan New Business cases when workloads are high
- Answer telephone calls and dealing with relevant queries
The ideal candidate must have a keen eye for accuracy and attention to detail. They must have effective organisation and planning skills and be able to work to deadlines. Experience using Microsoft Word and Excel is essential. You must be willing to learn new things and develop your skills and qualifications further if required.
You must be flexible to work part of a shift pattern rota of either; 8am - 4pm, 9am - 5pm or 10am - 6pm, from Monday - Friday.
Please note that due to the high number of responses we receive if you have not heard back from us within 7 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful.