Microsoft Dynamics AX - Technical Support Analyst
RP Analytics have recently engaged with a globally ranked top 10 Business Advisory firm, with offices in Nottingham as well as other Midlands and UK locations, to resource an AX Technical Support Analyst.
Following substantial investment to the Technology Consulting team, and with aims to be the leading provider of specialist technology advisory and assurance services to SMEs, the mid-market and public sector, our client is now looking to expand.
As such, this is a great opportunity for individuals wanting to accelerate their career in technology consulting by joining a fast-moving team, providing a chance to work with Microsoft's latest business technologies.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Dynamics AX Technical Support Analyst will provide support to existing implementations of Microsoft Dynamics AX in the UK and internationally.
- Work on technical help requests as assigned by the Helpdesk Manager.
- Using their knowledge of Dynamics AX, X++ and SQL to investigate issues logged and recommend solutions.
- Assist in the management of support requests to ensure a response is received in the time expected.
- Work with developers to implement changes and bug fixes.
- Build and increase knowledge of Dynamics AX on a technical and functional level.
- Work with AX implementation consultants to gain business understanding of various sectors and the implementation projects that will be supported.
- Collaborate with Dynamics AX support consultants in other parts of the businesses international network for delivering support to global clients.
- Promote best practice and delivery of service of the highest quality.
- Contribute to the development of processes within the AX support function.
- Contribute to technical support documentation for the use of clients and to build the knowledge base within the company.
- Assist in the delivery of training needs within the team and coach junior staff members
- Meet and exceed customer expectations of technical knowledge, skills and behaviour.
- Identify risks and mitigate or communicate as necessary.
- Communicate progress updates to relevant parties both formally and informally.
- Carry out additional duties that may occur from time to time as instructed and agreed by the Practice Director.
- In all activities, ensure timely completion of internal processes and mandatory training.
- Represent the business in a professional and positive manner always.
Personal and professional qualities
- At least two years experience providing technical support for Dynamics AX
- Working knowledge of X++, able to read and debug code and make basic changes
- Good knowledge of SQL Server and Dynamics AX data structures including creating queries to analyse data.
- Previous experience of working in a helpdesk environment.
- Strong understanding of core processes and functionality for at least one of finance, trade and logistics, manufacturing or retail.
- Demonstrable experience in AX 2012 (preferably R3) and/or AX 7.
- Bachelor's degree, minimum 2:2. A relevant subject (such as Management or Engineering - e.g. Industrial) is preferred but not essential
- Experience of working in an international team
- Experience of configuring security in Dynamics AX 2012
- Experience of Dynamics AX technical configuration
- Experience of creating/modifying SSRS reports
- Language skills (ideally French or German)
Requirements for the role
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, along with well-developed interpersonal skills and an ability to relate to clients and colleagues
- Strong personal organisation and time management skills
- Committed to personal development in technical, functional and broader consulting skills
- A passion for delivering real business value through technology