Shift Mechanical Fitter
Direct Workforce are working with our well established client to recruit for an experienced Shift Mechanic to work in a busy manufacturing environment in Cradley Heath. The Shift Mechanic monitors production machinery, diagnoses faults and carries out repairs as required.
Duties and responsibilities of the successful candidate:
- Diagnose faults and carry out the necessary repairs.
- Provide quick and efficient mechanical assistance on production equipment.
- Continually monitor equipment looking for issues and faults.
- Monitor the production computer, making notes of fluctuations and acting accordingly.
- Use the SAP system throughout the performance of the roles duties.
- Communicate with Shift Supervisors and other mechanics regarding issues.
- Assist in the maintenance of major production process equipment and attend to faults.
- Complete all relevant paperwork, ensuring compliance to a variety of standards and procedures.
- Maintain production efficiencies by monitoring and adjusting cycle times as required.
- Advise senior management on issues in production when required.
- All employees are responsible for product safety, quality and legality.
- To work within the Companies top four priorities of Safety, Quality, Service and Efficiency.
- To comply with all Company Policies and General Manufacturing Processes.
Skills and experience required:
- GCSEs or equivalent in English, Mathematics & Science
- Problem solving and mechanical comprehension skills
- Qualifications in engineering, plumbing, or electrical maintenance would be considered
- Forklift truck certificate including counter balance & a MEWP licence is desirable
- Demonstrable experience in a factory or general maintenance role, engineering, mechanics or setting & tool making will be taken into consideration
- Dart machinery knowledge would be desirable
- Knowledge of Valves and solenoids is desirable
- Ability to read drawings and schematics
- Ability and willingness to learn
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
Hours of work are Monday - Friday 2-10pm. Our client can offer competitive salary, great working environment, pension and annual leave.