Teaching Assistant ASD/SEMH - Rugby - ASAP Start
Teaching Assistant - ASD/SEMH Specialist - Rugby - ASAP Start
Academics are currently looking to recruit an experienced and specialist Teaching Assistant to work with students with a range of special educational needs. This all through special school particularly caters for students with autism, dyslexia and a range of social, emotional and mental health (SEMH) support requirements.
The Teaching Assistant will be part of a team, delivering specific support for students in line with their educational health care plans. A creative flare, with a passion to help young people will be needed to deliver the best outcomes for students.
Due to this role supporting students who have SEN, Teaching Assistants will require at least 1 years experience working with students who have Autism and/or SEMH.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- To work under the guidance of the class teacher to support teaching and learning in the classroom
- To provide general support to the class teacher in the management and organisation of the pupils and the classroom
- To use behaviour management strategies effectively and in line with the school's policy and procedures, which contribute to a purposeful learning environment
- To promote the inclusion of all pupils ensuring they have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop
- To be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health and safety, security and confidentiality, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
- To work 1:1 with an allocated student and provide support in all educational areas
- 1 years experience working with students with ASD, SEN or SEMH (Essential)
- Awareness of Safeguarding (Essential)
- Level 3 Qualification or above (Desirable)
- Team Teach/PRICE trained (Desirable)
- Team Player (Essential)
This position offers a competitive salary with the opportunity to provide support for students in an established and compassionate environment.
If you are a compassionate, positive and enthusiastic individual with a passion for working with children and young people then don't hesitate to get in contact today! Apply now or call Abi at Academics on or email .