PRESS TOOL DESIGN ENGINEER
Lodent Precision Limited is a leading press tool manufacturing company based in the West Midlands.
We currently have a vacancy for an experienced press tool design engineer to work in our busy cad department.
The successful CAD Engineer will be using VeroVisi software to generate 3D models and 2D drawings. They will be working on projects to design tooling for press tools and reverse engineering projects using our GOM scanning system and Geomagic software, Training will be provided on both the scanner and the Geomagic software if required. Supporting the production department with the day to day CAD activities.
- Responsible for the on time & accurate delivery of CAD models to meet Tooling Programmes
- Ability to interpret customer requirements & communicate with the team
- Ability to perform tasks within team, provide guidance, manage hours & provide feedback
- Develop and maintain outstanding customer satisfaction
- Processing CAD Data
- Produce designs that are suitable for cost effective manufacture
- Responsible for the on time & accurate delivery of CAD models :
- 2D drawing exploded views/isometric views
- 3D design
- Organising CAD data
- Producing hard copy drawings for supporting manufacturing
- Issuing CAD data in various formats to both internal and external manufacturing departments
- Liaison and working closely with other departments, to deliver parts for on time delivery
- Liaise/attend meetings with all departments, customers and suppliers as required
- Any other ad-hoc duties as required
- Microsoft i.e. Excel, Outlook & Word
- VisiVero design software
- Experience of press tooling design and manufacturing.
- Ability to work to instruction and integrate into a successful engineering team
- Good written & verbal communication skills
- Problem solving
- Commercial awareness
- Gom Scanning Experience
- Geomagic Software Experience
Job Type: Permanent
- Contract Press Tool Manufacturing Experience.
- Design experience of Progression, Draw, Transfer & Tandem Tools