Construction Readymix Tramper Driver (HGV1/HGV2)
We are looking for people who possess a passion for driving, delivering fantastic customer service and have the desire to go the extra mile. In this role you will be delivering readymix material within your region. You will always strive to exceed customer expectations building an innovative, effective and respected relationship.
The Concrete Mixers are Volvo Trident, 8 leggers with an 8 metre British McPhee drum, 250 litre water tank and are Gold FORS spec. We want drivers that will look after their own vehicle and take pride in its appearance. All cleaning equipment and training will be provided in the 3-week induction process.
Minimum 40 hours per week contract with opportunities to work up to 60 hours. Some Saturday working will be required whereby a minimum of 8 hours will be paid. Some nights out maybe required at the rate of £25 per night. Sundays and Bank Holidays at time and a half.
What you need:
- Class 1 or 2 licence
- DCPC & Digital tachograph card
- A positive attitude (can do)
- Good communication skills
- Be willing to learn new skills
What we expect from our drivers:
- Concrete Mixer truck to be operated efficiently
- Vehicle to be kept clean and presentable
- Driver uniform and PPE to be worn
- Complete relevant paperwork
- Drum to be kept clean and free from build up
- Keep up the high standards of Wincanton and our customer
What we give you:
- Guaranteed 40-hour contract
- New mixer truck
- Paid in-depth induction & training programme
- Full uniform and PPE
- Mineral Products Qualification and SUDs courses (Registered for DCPC) paid for
- Company benefits
- Performance bonus scheme
- You must hold a current Class 1 or 2 licence
- DCPC & Digital Tachograph
- Be enthusiastic, reliable and customer focused, with the ability to maintain positive internal and external customer relationships
- Be punctual, have good communication skills and work ethic
- Good geographical knowledge is beneficial
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Benefits include access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
You will also receive:
£250 after 3 months of working for us and a further £250 after 6 months
£250 for recommending a friend, and your friend also gets £250
£300 per annum for zero days unauthorised absence
£150 per annum for 1 days unauthorised absence
£200 per annum for no accidentsAbout Us
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76006686