Electronic Software Engineer
Embedded Software Engineer
The business is seeking a talented Embedded Software Engineer to work on a wide variety of projects and develop this growing capability within our company. They offer consultancy services across the whole software lifecycle to support our clients in the analysis, development and verification of their embedded systems.
The projects are varied in scale from producing small prototypes to developing large scale control systems in the most heavily regulated industries.
You will work in multi-disciplinary teams across the company to rapidly expand these services in a range of business sectors. Candidates should demonstrate transferable skills and an interest in a consultancy style of working.
You will have a good degree in a Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or related degree and you will have a fundamental understanding of Software and/or Electronic Engineering principles either from an academic or commercial background.
You will hold or be working towards Chartered Engineer status and have expertise in at least one of the following:
- C, C++ and/or Ada
- Real time software development
- Safety critical software development
- Control system design
As well as the above, a good understanding in any of the following areas would also be desirable:
- Software modelling e.g. UML, SCADE
- Software verification and validation
- Industry Software safety standards, methodologies and application
- Requirements analysis and traceability e.g. using DOORS
- Model-Based Design
- Model-Based Systems Engineering
- Hardware and software integration
- Control system theory
- Modelling and simulation tools, e.g. MATLAB/Simulink
- Formal methods
- Functional safety
- Configuration management
- Project management
- Software assurance
- Preparation of bids and proposals
- Interpretation of clients' technical needs
- Technical leadership on projects
Please note this is a permanent position
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75989294