Electrical Engineer - Cost Down Leader
Aston Martin’s state-of-the-art headquarters in Gaydon, Warwickshire is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines, is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
The purpose of the role is to lead departmental Total Delivered Cost (TDC) reduction exercises. The lead Engineer is expected to generate, evaluate and implement cost saving ideas of their own as well as acting as a single point of co-ordination and contact for other departmental initiatives across Electrical Engineering.
The key responsibilities and tasks of the role include:
• Generate ideas for cost down initiatives on current and future vehicles through application of VA VE techniques as well as brainstorming / workshop sessions. Initiatives should add value to AML without being detrimental to the customer.
• Lead implementation of cost down ideas from inception through to line trial and introduction. For larger projects requiring separate owners act as single point of contact back into the business.
• Report out progress against cost down targets into weekly vice president level meetings and weekly chief Engineer team meetings.
• Manage workload of assigned CAD / project Engineers to achieve the best possible level of cost reduction for the department.
The post holder will undertake other duties as may be required to achieve the Company’s objectives, commensurate with the grading of the post.
Qualifications & Experience
The successful applicant will possess the following skills and attributes:
• Minimum Degree level in Engineering or equivalent relevant experience.
• Extensive experience within automotive industry, preferably with a broad range of experience, particularly within Electrical Engineering.
• Experience in applying VAVE techniques to achieve cost reductions without impacting customer satisfaction.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Good ability to clearly present information to all levels in the organisation.
• Knowledge of VAVE techniques
• The ideal candidate will be a focused, highly motivated, results orientated individual who works well under pressure and can work to a given deadline.
• Must be capable of pulling together cross functional disciplines to deliver when work required may not be their primary goal.
• Driving licence, Medical clearance to drive company vehicles.
• Experience of developing test plans to prove out impact of design changes on customer satisfaction
• Knowledge of NX an advantage
• Knowledge of the Aston Martin Lagonda Aston Martin Product Creation System process would be beneficial.
• Knowledge and experience of Failure Mode Avoidance techniques
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76007492