HR Relationship Manager Regional Operations
Our Client is looking for an Interim HR Relationship Manager Regional Operations, the role is predominately based in Birmingham but will also involve travel to the other sites based in the UK up 2 to 3 times a week. Offices are located across the UK covering such locations as Newcastle, Plymouth, London, Belfast and more. The focus of this position is to support the operations side of the business, build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders within the designated service area. Ideally looking for someone who has experience as an HR Business Partner, managed employee relations cases, can give practical examples of previous ER cases and examples of upskilling employees. The ideal individual will be pragmatic, hands on, approachable with the ability to build rapport easily and coach and mentor managers.
A CIPD qualified individual with experience working as an HR Business Partner in and across a multi-site organisation and overseen the delivery of Key HR initiatives and acted as key interface between professional HR and the directorates.
The ideal candidate will have sufficient experience and knowledge in the following key areas:
• Success of working in partnership with managers to deliver innovative HR solutions that meet business needs.
• Effective knowledge and application of employment legislation, including those applicable to recruitment and ER matters.
• Successfully developing and implementing a range of HR policies, procedures, reports and/or guidelines.
• Recruitment and selection of staff
• Supporting talent management, succession planning and performance management interventions together with line managers.
• Managerial experience is desirable
• As this role requires regular travel, candidate but must be a car owner with a valid driving licence
• Available to start asap and commit to a 3-month Interim contract, there is also a possibility this role could go permanent
About the Role
1. Support, develop and coach managers in relation to their approach and consideration of people issues, ensuring that they understand the impact of these on the individual and the business and actively identify opportunities for greater employee engagement and improved internal communications.
2. Support line management in dealing with complex or sensitive day to day people management issues and ensuring compliance with the relevant employment legislation and the interest of the organisation.
3. Support, develop and coach managers in relation to their approach and consideration of people issues, ensuring that they understand the impact of these on the individual and the business and actively identify opportunities for greater employee engagement and improved internal communications.
4. To provide guidance to management on performance management from organisational design, setting standards, team effectiveness, talent identification and management, remedial action and interventions where necessary.
5. To advise on disciplinary and grievance cases and attend hearings, providing advice to the Manager chairing the hearing and ensure the procedures are followed. Take notes during the hearing, which will be used as evidence at a later stage. To represent the Organisation at Employment Tribunal as necessary.
6. Review performance management and learning and development trends and needs up to local senior level and liaise with the Head of Learning and Development to provide appropriate interventions and feedback.
7. Work with the Assistant Director of HR Advisory to manage the salary review and moderation process in the directorate and ensure that reward strategies meet the needs of and take account of local issues and market data.
8. Support, develop and coach HR Coordinator with their personal and professional development, ensuring that they are appropriately involved in operational issues and project work including setting individual development plans, regular 1:1 reviews and coaching and in securing feedback from line managers on the impact of HR support.
Our client is looking for someone to start as soon as possible, please only apply for this position if you meet have the desired experience and knowledge. Yan travel to Birmingham (B2) and other UK locations up to 2/3 times per week. You are available to start asap and have a valid driving licence and own car.
Howett Thorpe HR & Talent Solutions recruit for roles across all HR Generalists to Group HR Director, Learning & Development, Talent and Recruitment, Reward, HRSS and HR Change.
Howett Thorpe are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role and comply with all relevant UK legislation and do not discriminate on any protected characteristics. Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days please assume that you have not been successful.
Refer a friend
If this job is not of interest to you, but you know a friend or colleague who may be interested, recommend them to us and receive a minimum of £150 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a permanent role and a minimum of £25 in vouchers if we place them in a temporary assignment. (Terms & conditions apply)
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76147218