Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defense, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
The good news is that our continued success and business growth has opened up an exciting opportunity for experienced, driven, and engaging Driver Trainers to join our successful Screwfix contract at our new site due to open November 2017 in Lichfield (Fradley Park).
The Lichfield site will support the existing Stafford operation to provide seamless replenishment of over 3 million units per week to the Trade Counter retail network.
This challenging role will be the perfect opportunity to become part of a start-up team with a customer that continues to realise its ambitious growth plans.
- Reporting to the Transport Operations Manager / Fleet Manager [TBC]
- Ensure all drivers are fully trained on all Transport vocational training, proactive safety training and compliance training
- Carry out induction training for new colleagues within the Transport department and ensure ongoing training for current employees in regard to regular driver training
- Complete all required administrative documentation in regards to training delivered
- Carry out training requirements, in accordance with industry standards (e.g. VOSA, Tachograph Infringement and EU Hours and Regulations)
- Liaise with the Transport Operations Manager and Transport Management Teams with regards to Training objectives
- Design and implement any New Equipment Training sessions (Drivers/Shunters)
- Support the business needs by conducting periodic Training requirements as and when required (Retraining of Tachograph Infringements and SAFED - Safe and Fuel Efficient Driving) Fuel improvement training
- Ensure up to date product familiarisation for all drivers
- Assist with assessment and recruitment of new transport team members
- Assist with investigation of any road/H&S accidents
- Provide Driver CPC training
- Essential to this position is your LGV C+E licence. Desirable qualifications would be DSA (Driver Standards Agency) LGV Instructor Certificate, SAFED (Safe and Fuel Efficient Driving) and Adult Education Training Certificate.
- Ability to train and give clear instructions
- Excellent level of H&S knowledge is essential
- Flexibility in regards to working hours and location with a preparation to support the National transport network with training where required
- Ability to keep accurate records, and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of attention to detail with good organisational skills
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Benefits include access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
This is a particularly attractive role for an individual who is looking for career development and can demonstrate energy, enthusiasm and ambition.
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
The role provides an excellent opportunity to join a high profile and challenging contract.
If you are passionate about making a difference, creative in your style of management, and have a strong belief in engagement of staff, please apply online.
Closing date: 6th October 2017
Internal Applicants: Please inform your manager of your intention to apply for the above position.
No applications from agencies will be considered
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76168670