Buyer - Contract - Up to £25,00 per hour Coventry
Buyer - Coventry - Contract up to £25.00 per hour
Buyer - Contract required by iconic automotive OEM based Warwickshire. As this renowned organisation enters its second century with its strongest model line-up in its history and significant investment, an exciting future is ahead. Are you a procurement professional looking for your next assignment or an opportunity to be part of a dynamic and growing procurement team?
As Buyer you will develop and maintain commodity strategies for a specific range of commodities, ensuring that the organisation is kept up to date on market place commercial and technical developments, as well as potential suppliers. You will also be responsible:
- Evaluate cost data and quotation analysis forms and identify cost saving opportunities. Quickly assimilate supplier and company processes in order to positively impact Procurement performance.
* Confidently enter into total cost and contractual negotiations with current and potential suppliers.
* Understand and apply tools and techniques to close cost gaps and achieve value for money whilst maintaining supplier relationships.
* Manage supplier performance through vehicle launch phases and current vehicle phases, ensuring that Quality, Cost and Delivery performance is maintained at high levels. In addition, provide enthusiasm and passion for driving continuous improvement in these metrics, internally as well as at the Supplier.
* Provide Procurement / commercial input into cross-functional teams that effectively contributes to the organisation's programme goals by applying a confident approach to teamwork.
* Understand and support the quality department in achieving full Quality Approval (Supplier Performance Approval Process).
* Constantly strive for process improvement opportunities internally, as well as with the Supplier base, focusing on business 'Best Practice' initiatives.
* Identify supplier risk and develop robust risk mitigation strategies where necessary.
* Lead and promote good supplier relationships.
* Play an instrumental role in enabling the function to achieve its business objectives, through meeting or ideally exceeding defined objectives.
- Educated to Degree level and a full member of CIPS, or at least working towards this.
* Previous Procurement experience is desirable.
* Understanding of the strategic role of the Procurement function and ability to work at this level.
* Demonstrable ability to prioritise tasks and have effective time management and analytical skills.
* Good communication and interpersonal skills.
* Post holder should hold a full driving licence and be prepared to travel where their specific work responsibilities require.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious procurement professional to join a dynamic and growing procurement team within one of the World's most iconic luxury brands.
Interested? Please forward your latest CV immediately.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959208537