Senior Engineer - Active Safety Systems
Aston Martin’s state-of-the-art headquarters in Gaydon, Warwickshire is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines, is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
The purpose of this role is to deliver Active Safety Systems content (e.g. ACC/FCW/BSM/LDW) as defined by cross car line product strategy.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
- Define and agree targets and validation plan for active safety systems content on programmes (e.g. BSM,
- AEB, LDW, RCT, LKA, Road sign recognition)
- Ensure delivery of safety electronics systems features and sensor hardware to targets, budget and
- Take ownership of Final Engineering Sign Off (FESO) documents for Active safety systems
- Deliver safety electronic systems electrical integration
- Drive engineering issues resolution to meet program targets and constraints
- Liaise with and manage external partners/suppliers to deliver content
- Liaise with project team, electrical team and other engineering functions to deliver active safety systems content
- Conduct active safety systems electronic related testing (including full vehicle, sub-system and component testing)
Qualifications & Experience
- In possession of good Electrical/Electronic/Automotive Engineering qualification (such as a relevant bachelor’s degree or equivalent). Suitable relevant experience could be considered in lieu of qualification(s)
- Experience of working on automotive electronic systems
- Excellent attention to detail coupled with the ability to communicate clearly verbally or in writing.
- Ability to manage workload and plan ahead is essential. Excellent organisational skills.
- Must be able to work independently or as part of a team, with good problem solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, and to seek assistance when needed.
- Knowledge of fundamental electrical/electronic engineering theory is essential.
- Experience of tools such as Vector, CANalyser, CANape, CANoe, vflash.
- Good general IT skills and working knowledge of MS word/Excel etc.
- Full UK driver’s license, with flexibility to travel in UK and overseas as required.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76723931