Purchase Engineer - Birmingham
Purchasing Engineer - Birmingham - Permanent
Exciting opportunity for procurement professional with good engineering background to join successful Automotive Tier 1. As Purchasing Engineer, you will be responsible for defined purchasing activities throughout the company and for exploring alternative purchasing opportunities and solutions. Working closely with your counterparts in Europe and other purchasing functions within this global organisation.
Working with the Purchasing Coordinator (Europe based), you will maximise communication, support of and reporting to Group Purchasing and other departments. Other responsibilities will include:
- Managing new projects within the defined timescales and targets.
- Estimate purchasing costs and collect indicative costing information from suppliers, to support new business enquiries.
- Search, assess, visit and build relationship and cooperation with new suppliers.
- Prepare and issue RFQ, letter of intent, tooling order, purchase order and commitment to cost reduction activity.
- Identify areas of non-compliance between quotations and drawings / specifications.
- Organise and control prototypes/materials trials and performance with suppliers.
- Define a purchasing strategy, monitor supplier performances and report against progress to achieve cost/quality/delivery targets.
- Continuous development of the existing supplier to achieve higher level of performances (technology, cost, quality, delivery, communication, business culture).
- Negotiate and agree General Purchasing Agreements (GPA's) and Price Agreement (contract), including price update on system, with all suppliers on the approved supplier list.
We are seeking a procurement or engineering professional who offers:
Fully or partially quality with CIPS (or studying towards CIPS).
- Business or Engineering Degree is beneficial but not essential.
- Knowledge of REACH/IMDS/PPAP is beneficial but not essential.
- Experience in the automotive industry (or similar high volume manufacturing environment) is mandatory.
- Experience reading technical drawings. Knowledge of various manufacturing processes.
- Experience of procurement procedures and quality requirements.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc)
- Understanding of automotive NPI methodology.
This is a new and exciting opportunity to join a successful global manufacturing/engineering operation. Interested? Are you able to offer the above experience? Please forward your latest CV as soon as possible.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959272594