Transport Shift Manager- Leading 3PL
My client a leading 3PL based in Birmingham are currently seeking a Transport Shift Manager to add to their growing team.
An exciting opportunity to join a developing new team, working for a leading 3PL based in Birmingham.
- To adhere to all Company Health and Safety procedures and standards
- Ensure that all KPI's are achieved. Maintaining accurate records and planning of holidays to ensure targets are achieved.
- Monitoring performance to achieve required accuracy and productivity.
- Plan, review and communicate operational requirements and changes
- Escalate any issues found immediately to Contract Manager or where appropriate the customer to get a response.
- To liaise and communicate effectively with all departments and customer.
- Sharing responsibility with Transport Dispatch Clerks to ensure vehicle maintenance and Tachograph compliance.
- Ensure staff are trained and developed to meet the standards required by the company.
- To highlight any queries, regarding to transport issues that cannot be resolved, to the Contract Manager in a timely manner to enable the problem to be solved within the same working day
The Successful Candidate will have:
- Experience in the logistics distribution industry
- Prior experience of working with a 3PL
- Previous experience of direct customer service contact
- Experience managing 20+ drivers
- Good geographical knowledge of the UK
- Vehicle maintenance experience
- Account management skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to influence at a variety of levels
- Strong computer/system skills
- Ability to plan routes
Salary on offer is between £28,000 and £30,000
Hours are 10am til 7pm
Shift Pattern: Monday - Friday
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76758621