WFA Team Leader - French speaker (FTC 9 months)
What makes working at Mondelez International so special? Many things. The iconic brands and global nature of our business. The continuous innovation and endless opportunities to grow. The chance, each and every day, to put a smile on people’s faces. We’re the world’s leading maker of Chocolate, Biscuits, Candy and Gum with billion-dollar brands like Cadbury, Milka, Prince and Oreo and we now have an exciting opportunity to join our team.
As a Workforce Administration (WFA) Team Leader, you will be responsible for the Mondelez Business Services (MBS) WFA team supporting the French region, providing leadership and direction to the HR Solution Team to deliver workforce administration and employee relations services to Mondelez functions and regions. As part of your role, you will be responsible for leading, coaching and managing these team members, as well as overseeing the delivery of WFA accountabilities and being the main key point of contact for the internal stakeholders in the region.
This role is based in Bournville (UK), reporting directly to the WFA Team Leader for Western Europe.
• Provide leadership and direction to the HR Solution Team
• Lead, coach and manage team members
• Oversee the delivery of WFA accountabilities
• Provide day-to-day guidance and direction to the Workforce Administration Team for their area
• Analyse and improve team performance and capability.
• Take part in service reviews with stakeholders and drive CI plan for the area and across WFA with other leads
• Ensure cross MBS ways of working are effective between WFA and other teams
• Forward plan area work with HRBLs/HRMs/CoEs
• Lead projects on behalf of WFA/wider centre
• Monitor and manage controls and compliance WFA are accountable for.
• Fluency in French and English is essential
• Experience in multiple areas of HR, expertise in workforce administration
• Previous experience working in a global organisation and/or shared service organisation
• Experience supporting business executives, including decision making, escalating and delegating requests
• Knowledge of employment law and compliance
• Experience in HR SAP transactions and organisation (desirable)
• High operational excellence and ability to work under pressure
• Ability to manage the day-to-day work of people and processes across multiple locations and geographies
• Able to multi-task and manage a fluctuating workload
• Ability to lead and guide a multi-level team
• Excellent problem solving and judgment skills
• Relationship management experience with client-focus
• Excellent communication skills in English required
• Highly computer literate, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project
• Educated to Degree level or equivalent desirable
• Additional European language skills preferred (Spanish, Dutch, Italian, German, Hungarian, Czech, Danish, Norwegian, Polish, Slovak, Swedish).
What we offer:
We pride ourselves on having a high performing and collaborative culture where we offer support and development to enhance your career and develop your knowledge and skills.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package within a highly successful International business that offers financial rewards and resources, including bonus scheme, contributory pension, life assurance, generous holiday allowance and a flexible benefits programme.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76740915