Software Quality Assurance Engineer
MSS People are working with a leading software company who are seeking a Quality Assurance Engineer to work in their software development team, which is developing cutting edge analytic software for high profile customers across a wide variety of industries using the latest technologies and software development methodologies.
Under the direction of the Quality Assurance Manager, you will:
• Review product specifications, generate test plans and test cases for the product under test.
• Collaborate in an Agile engineering process as a member of a SCRUM team, contributing to a high quality deliverable product each sprint
• Perform cross browser testing in modern browsers such as Chrome, IE11, Firefox and Safari
• Develop and execute performance and load tests
• Execute test cases with strong attention to detail
• Strive to automate all tests to minimize repetitive manual testing
• Evaluate testing results and enter problem reports in a problem tracking system (Jira)
Skills and Experience
• Strong academic background, ideally a relevant technical degree in Computer Science or related disciplines.
• Experience of performing test automation in a software quality assurance role for a professional organization is highly desirable
• Experience of one or more test automation technologies e.g. Selenium, Cucumber is highly desirable
• Experience of working in an Agile process would be an advantage
• Strong and proven analytical and problem-solving skills
• A positive can-do attitude and professional demeanour
• Maintaining high performance under time pressure with exceptional attention to detail