Direct Tax Manager UK, Ireland & Netherlands Holdings Companies
What makes working at Mondelez International so special? Many things. The iconic brands and global nature of our business. The continuous innovation and endless opportunities to grow. The chance, each and every day, to put a smile on people’s faces. We’re the world’s leading maker of Chocolate, Biscuits, Candy and Gum with billion-dollar brands like Cadbury, Milka, Prince and Oreo and we now have an exciting opportunity to join our team.
As a Direct Tax Manager, you will be part of the Global Tax Team, and will hold responsibility for all Direct Tax matters in the UK, Ireland and the Netherlands Holding Companies. You will be part of a worldwide function, reporting directly to the Direct Tax Country Manager UK&I and Netherlands.
This is a great opportunity to join a global team based in our offices in Bournville (UK), to deploy and develop your skills in a fast-paced and collaborative environment, whilst helping us, one of the top snacking companies worldwide, on our mission to create delicious moments of JOY. If you enjoy a collaborative and dynamic approach, and would like to join a function where not 2 days are the same, then this opportunity is for you.
• Collaborate with and review the external third-party service provider across multiple jurisdictions, in particular concerning direct tax compliance.
• Initiate and execute business and process improvements in all matters regarding Direct Tax as well as at interfaces with other functions and jurisdictions.
• Administer Direct Tax audits and enquiries in the UK, Ireland and for the Netherland Holding Companies and advise on Indirect Tax audits of the aforesaid, if required by the responsible Finance colleagues and Indirect Tax colleagues.
• Support in tax litigation with respect to tax positions established on income tax returns and with respect to planning projects.
• Maintain and administer transfer-pricing compliance (execution and transfer pricing documentation) in the UK, in Ireland and of the Netherland Holding Companies by providing the required input and reviewing related data and other transfer pricing information as well as coordinate and team with regional tax teams (planning and compliance) on transfer pricing issues, planning, and audits.
• Support the Director of Tax Strategy at relationship meetings with HMRC and maintaining an overall view of all taxes in the UK and associated tax risks.
• Supporting and advising Finance colleagues in matters of Tax Accounting and Tax Reporting as subject matter expert as provided for in the applicable Ways-of-Working (“Wow”), standard operating procedures (“SOP”) or other policies, or as required and agreed in respect of local needs.
• Support the finance team on anything necessary for UK SAO.
• Maintain a personal Training Development Plan to ensure continuous improvement of professional skills.
• Qualification as certified tax advisor, chartered accountant with a specialisation in tax, tax lawyer or equivalent.
• Extensive tax experience in public accounting firm (big 4 preferred) and/or Multinational Corporation.
• Superior negotiating skills vis-à-vis tax authorities and internal stakeholders.
• Ability to work with and communicate with multiple stakeholders of different seniority and from different business functions.
• Good communication skills.
• Fluent English.
• Strong experience in Direct Tax.
• Ability to cope with change.
What we offer:
We pride ourselves on having a high performing and collaborative culture where we offer support and development to enhance your career and develop your knowledge and skills.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package within a highly successful International business that offers financial rewards and resources, including bonus scheme, contributory pension, life assurance, generous holiday allowance and a flexible benefits programme.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76743232