Business Development Manager
Our client is one of the UK?s largest piling, heavy civils and ground engineering contractors, renowned for providing technically advanced and cost-effective foundation solutions. Their offering includes piling, diaphragm walling, ground improvement, foundations and specialist design and installation services to the UK civil engineering and construction industries. Their reputation is built on engineering excellence and a commitment to continual innovation, backed by a central technical design and engineering resource, they can deliver the full range of foundations, groundworks, site remediation, piling, geotechnical and structures techniques. As one of the largest specialist contractors in the industry, they are able to provide clients with a 'one-stop foundation solution' ? all supported by their state-of-the-art processes and technologies.
Due to an increase in contract awards, business growth in recent years, a significant forward order workload, and a dedication to continued profitable, long term growth across the UK, our client is now seeking to appoint a Business Development Manager for the entire UK Operations. The role will provide total sales, marketing and business development support to the Commercial Manager and will lead / take control of all Clients nationwide. This will be successfully achieved through effective general management and servicing of associated Clients, and a focus upon maintaining net margins, whilst liaising closely with the senior management team in providing regular business reporting in regard to all sales / business development matters.
- As Business Development Manager you will be responsible for the ongoing development and continued success with both existing and new clients within the construction, civil engineering, structural / ground / geotechnical engineering, building, infrastructure and transportation (roads / rail) sectors, whilst helping to develop and secure work / tender opportunities
- You should have a proven track record of experience developing and / or selling a service, product or solution into the aforementioned markets
- As Business Development Manager you will possess demonstrable achievement within the construction or civil engineering environment, combined with the ability to nurture profitable relationships with a wide cross section of clients, whilst also providing appropriate technical advice / guidance wherever possible
- You will ideally be able to immediately contribute to the business, with an established understanding of the industry clients, as you will be required to manage your own workload effectively, including regularly progress reporting to the management in regards to any / all potential work opportunities
- As Business Development Manager you should be outgoing with excellent negotiation, communication and presentation skills, and have the ability to form long term mutually beneficial and harmonious relationships with stakeholders of all levels
- You will be able to offer sales / business development expertise from working within the construction, civil engineering, structural / ground / geotechnical engineering, building, infrastructure and transportation (roads / rail) sectors, and possessing a proven success of developing and securing contracts
- You will have demonstrable sales / business development experience in a similar role within the aforementioned areas, clients and market sectors
- It is essential that you hold a full UK driving licence and are proficient in Microsoft Office packages
This challenging and exciting opportunity, based in the Midlands, requires an individual with a technical sales background and proven experience in taking the lead to develop and ultimately secure opportunities for the business. A highly attractive basic salary, plus bonus and an extensive benefits package is on offer to the successful candidate, along with longevity of work given the dedicated growth plans and forward order workload for the UK.
We are committed to equal opportunities. We wish to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and appointed solely on their suitability for the post irrespective of race, gender, age, disability, caring responsibilities, sexual orientation, marital / civil partnership status, religion / belief or nationality.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959267238