Building Maintenance Technician
Our downtown commercial office building has an immediate opening for a dedicated Building Maintenance Technician.
We operate a two floor building in a busy part of town. The building contains classrooms and common areas that require constant support and maintenance.
The successful candidate will be responsible for plumbing, electrical, and maintenance as well as any other duties assigned by the Maintenance Manager. We’re looking for a professional who can take the initiative and help anticipate problems before they occur. The ideal candidate will be able to communicate effectively with staff, visitors and anyone else he or she encounters on the job.
- Evaluate, repair and maintain plumbing, electrical, fire equipment and company vehicles
- Communicate with Maintenance manager about any work that requires outside expert assistance
- Receive and respond to staff reports of mechanical or maintenance issues on the premises
- Work with tools and supplies necessary to complete projects and building improvements
- Maintain corporate safety procedures at all times and comply with access control regulations
- Evacuate building in the event of an emergency
- Maintain fire, carbon monoxide, smoke and other safety systems within the structure
- Calibrate instruments and tools required for job responsibilities
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76741156