Business Development Manager
Job Title - Business Development Manager
Location - Anywhere in the England. Home Based Role ***Ignore the Birmingham, West Midlands*****
Sector - Packaging
This is a key position within the company and one of vital importance in further strengthening the sales function to support business objectives in terms of growth and improved profitability. The role objectives will include the following:
· To undertake an in-depth familiarisation programme to include the Group, the Division, the company, its philosophies, lines of contact, products, customers, business and operating processes and procedures, personalities, corporate plans and objectives, management and information styles.
· To formulate and implement the sales strategy and develop and deliver an action plan, focused on new business development and added value business generation, to achieve targeted levels of sales growth and maximise profitability. It is anticipated that the successful candidate will generate £500K of new business, annualised, in the first year. Account values for existing specialist products are typically £50K p.a. upwards.
· To identify and develop new markets within the internet sales sector which match the company’s manufacturing capabilities and strategic direction, in a profitable and timely manner.
· To negotiate contracts and 'partnership’ development with customers to promote long term, mutually beneficial business objectives.
· To sell original and effective solutions to customers packaging problems through close liaison with Design Technical, Quality and Operations departments.
· To gather and report commercial intelligence which ensures early identification of opportunities and potential for new added value business.
· To work closely with Design, Technical, Applications, Sales, Operational Planning and Finance teams, to ensure that new business is effectively managed
· To have been perceived as making a positive and worthwhile contribution to the company by achieving sales and profit targets, in line with set objectives.
· To demonstrate the personal and business acumen necessary to gain the confidence of customers and colleagues at all levels.
· To produce detailed visit reports to provide account information for all relevant people within the organisation.
· To contribute to significant business growth and to identify ways of maximising profitability.
· To act as an effective member of the sales team, supporting and working with other team members as required.
This company are ideally looking for someone with a packaging background however it is not essential as there will be full product training given.
The most important thing for them is having someone enthusiastic, driven with a tenacious attitude.
This will be a challenging, demanding role as it is continuously generating new business opportunities throughout the UK. Once the account has been brought on with the employer it will be passed to an Account Manager to handle, leaving the New Business Development Manager free to go out and source new business again.