Senior Network Services Manager
Reporting into the Head of IT Service Delivery, is a deep technologist with a proven track record and a strong operational discipline. S/he is also a problem solver, teacher, learner and a strong people manager.
As leader of the network team, you will play a crucial role in creating a technical vision and evangelizing solutions. You have a deep understanding of network architectures, you can set standards for engineering excellence, and create an environment where your team members are empowered to innovate.
- Work with multiple vendors to ensure effective delivery of change, building relationships that support the delivery of projects, implementations and BAU change/support in relation to H&B's network.
- Analyses the organisations Network and Telecom needs and develops a long-term strategy for said systems
- Establishes policies and procedures related to Network and Telecom security and integrity
- Works in conjunction and in collaboration across IT teams, and vendors to develop, implement, and manage Network and Telecom solutions
- Provides leadership and supervision to the Network and Telecom team members, including work scheduling and professional development
- Coordinates and assigns both Enterprise as well as Network and Telecom projects amongst Network and Telecom team members
- Collects business requirements and performs technical design, configuration, testing, and manages implementation and production support activities for Networks which support our critical business applications
- Proactively identify process and technological improvement opportunities.
- Manages upgrades and develops technical solutions for Network and Telecom changes, upgrades, and disaster recovery situations
- Responsible for reviewing network schematics, diagrams, and other documentation to assist with development and preparation of cost estimates
- Scheduling and directing the activities of the network team to resolve issues quickly and accurately
- Installation and troubleshooting the VoIP infrastructure for a large scale implementation
- Design, implement and support wireless network backbones enterprise wide
- Liaise with business to understand network related requirements for remote offices
- Design, implement and support remote office connectivity (Network, Telephony and Wireless)
- Current and relevant experience is required with voice services including telecom and call centre, experience of managing operational processes along with front-line customer services
- Experience in voice and network engineering that is both deep and broad
- Telecom and call centre experience
- Demonstrated experience with the Cisco suite of VoIP applications including Unified Communications Manager (CUCM), Unity Connection (CUC), Unified Contact Center Express (UCCX) and Enterprise (UCCE)
- Proven track record of leading design and delivery of high-quality systems focused on the infrastructure layer of the technology stack
- Highly proficient verbal and written communication skills, effective with business and technical audiences
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to develop long-term strategies and influence leadership decisions
- Motivates others by creating a climate in which people want to do their best
- Demonstrates integrity and is widely trusted
- Demonstrated experience in the area of centralised monitoring, network capacity planning, network performance reporting, network optimisation, and troubleshooting of enterprise network and IPT deployments.
- Experience with Telepresence VCS, VCS-E, and MCU desirable
- Knowledge/ Experience of H.323, MGCP and SIP
- Knowledge / Experience of Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) and IP trunking concepts, topology design – VoIP media RTP/RTCP
- Experience and solid understanding of data network systems, routing protocols– EIGRP, OSPF and BGP
- Expertise with Signalling Protocols – ISDN, CAS, Analogue, T1/E1 PRI, E&M
- Experience / Knowledge of compression algorithms – G729, G711, G722 etc.
- Extensive experience configuring, implementing, and troubleshooting QoS
- Experience supporting Call Centres, including setup, configuration, and troubleshooting of toll-free numbers desirable
- Working knowledge in BGP, EIGRP, DMVPN, HSRP, PBR, Client and Clientless SSL VPN, Windows AD/DNS/DHCP
- Proven experience on Cisco ASR and ISR Routers, L2/L3 Switches
- Working knowledge of wireless technologies
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in a technical discipline
- CCNA, CCNP, or other certifications are desirable
We offer a competitive salary with fantastic development opportunities, 25% store discount, 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) and an onsite canteen.
Holland & Barrett is one of the nation’s most loved and trusted brands, known for offering quality health food, vitamins and supplements all sold by highly trained and qualified advisors.
Bucking the current trend of high street retailers, we forecast significant growth and expansion plans in the coming years, with considerable investment going into all areas of the business. We certainly embrace change and drive speed in everything we do. Every day presents a different challenge, but every day is also filled with fun, teamwork and passion to succeed and surpass every expectation.
Join us and see how far you can go…