Data Protection Consultant
£53,000 to £66,000 + 12% Car Allowance + 20% Completion Bonus + Comprehensive Benefits
Based Wythall, South Birmingham (B47)
8 Months Fixed Term Contract
Making the move to Phoenix offers you the exciting prospect of being a key figure, supporting our Data Protection Officer in shaping the future of data protection at the Phoenix Group. You will play a crucial part in providing expert advice for the Group on its obligations under data protection legislation, delivering training and presentations, as well as implementing and maintaining a framework for managing data protection under the General Data Protection Regulation.
Phoenix Group is the UK’s largest specialist consolidator of Closed Life Assurance funds. A member of the FTSE 250 Index, with a premium listing on the LSE and one of 'Britain’s Top Employers’ for the last 6 consecutive years, we have 6.1 million policyholders and assets under management of £74 billion, including the recently acquired Abbey Life and AXA Wealth businesses.
Part of the Group Risk Function you will report to the Data Protection Officer, supporting them in implementing and maintaining a framework for managing data protection. In addition, there will be a focus on the following:
- Assisting the Data Protection Officer as the point of contact for employees and customers on data protection matters
- Assisting the Data Protection Officer in devising, implementing and maintaining data protection policies, guidelines, training and associated materials for the Group
- Promoting data privacy compliance within the Group including delivering data protection training and presentations.
- Assisting in devising, implementing and collating data protection reporting metrics
- Ensuring data protection training programmes across the Group are completed on time and chase non-completers
- Supporting the GDPR implementation project across the Group
- Assisting in collating, tracking monitoring and responding to subject access requests, data protection complaints and privacy impact assessments
- Assisting in collating, tracking monitoring and responding to data protection breach investigations and any required notifications
You will have:
- Proven in-depth Data Protection experience
- Financial services industry experience
- Experience in national and European data protection laws and practices including an in-depth understanding of the GDPR
- Strong stakeholder management skills at all levels
- (Desirable) ISEB qualification in data protection or CIPP/E
In return, you can look forward to a great package, excellent conditions and a superb working environment, plus the chance to make your mark in a rapidly developing FTSE listed company.
To apply, simply visit our website.
N.B. When on the Phoenix Careers site, first time visitors will be asked to register before applying.
Closing date: Midnight, Monday 16th October 2017