Branded Buyer/Category Manager
To source and develop product ranges which satisfy customer requirements whilst achieving company objectives for sales, margin and promotional income.
- Management and control of the Supplier base to source product to drive category growth and/or profitability via the business investment plans and to drive year on year promotional income
- Control Supplier negotiations to maximise profits on branded and own label product ensuring that all suppliers are meeting requirements on margin, free stock, marketing support and delivery performance in line with category strategy
- Work with the Trading team to maximise the success of promotional activity through supplier negotiations for investment
- Support the category team in sourcing NPD and identify latest consumer trends to stay ahead of the market and drive category growth strategies
- To continuously review current category performance and the market place. Work with supplier base to develop an innovative and profitable product range to meet anticipated demand of the customer base and improve the commercial performance of the category
- Management and control of the supplier base to ensure all levels of service expectations are being met including NPD, promotional activity, quality, delivery and contact performance
- Communicate any issues that will effect category, promotion or product performance in a timely and efficient manner to all key stakeholders
- Work closely with the supply chain team and the warehouse to manage stock holding and out of stocks. Negotiate SLAs with suppliers to ensure maximum stock availability at all times in all our distribution centres. Be proactive in dealing with any issues arising including dated stock, store stock and poor supplier performance
- Ensure that all administration relating to cost prices and supplier details are accurately maintained and all account and invoice queries are dealt with in an efficient and timely manner
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of the customer and supply base to understand which are the most appropriate levers to use to maximise business performance
- Numerate, good analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to be flexible and work to tight deadlines
- Minimum 3-5 years relevant experience in FMCG/retail environment
- Team management experience
- PC & systems literate (ideally AS400 and Excel with some experience of SAP)
- Strong influencing and persuasive skills
- Ability to build relationships both with suppliers and internal multi-discipline teams
- Commercially adept
- Good communication skills
- Time Management
- Determined, tenacious and resilient
- Optimistic and open-minded to change
- Customer focussed
- Positive, resourceful and energetic team worker
- Drive to continuously improve self and team performance
Holland & Barrett is one of the nation’s most loved and trusted brands, known for offering quality health food, vitamins and supplements all sold by highly trained and qualified advisors.
Bucking the current trend of high street retailers, we forecast significant growth and expansion plans in the coming years, with considerable investment going into all areas of the business. We certainly embrace change and drive speed in everything we do. Every day presents a different challenge, but every day is also filled with fun, teamwork and passion to succeed and surpass every expectation.
Join us and see how far you can go...