My client, an international consultancy business based in Telford, is currently seeking a part-qualified Project Accountant to join their team on a 6 month contract.
You should ideally be immediately available or on a maximum of 2 week's notice, and will be required to work via your own limited company or an umbrella company.
· Providing financial support to various projects within the business.
· Preparation of monthly actuals and rolling 7 month forecasts, and the interpretation of variances from a financial, commercial and delivery perspective.
· Produce and interpret a detailed monthly reporting pack and present the financial position at monthly reviews to senior management.
· Understand business risk factors, materiality, revenue recognition principles. Proactive business analysis.
· To be actively involved in improving reporting and processes across Finance.
· Close liaison with Operations, Programme/Project Managers and Project Analysts, displaying confidence to support and challenge.
· To understand a complex client contract and its financial implications on the business.
· Close liaison with the Commercial team both in providing support on request and to resolve commercial issues.
· Identify and address issues which affect business performance.
· Good understanding of balance sheet control.
· Produce regular and ad-hoc reports and analysis to support the client's financial obligations and to assist in decision making.
Required Background / Experience
· Part Qualified Accountant - CIMA/ACCA/ACCA
· Previous project accounting experience
· Strong analytical skills
· Strong commercial acumen
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
· Experience of Oracle, Business Objects and Strong Excel Skills