Up to £35,000
We are looking to recruit two Quality Engineersfor a brand new role within a FTSE100 engineering and support services business based in Telford.
The organisation is the UKs largest provider of engineering and support services to the UKs Armed forces. From the site in Telford the organisation maintain, repair, and store the Army's fleet of land vehicles.
The purpose of this role is to lead regular supplier audits and continuous improvement planning to maintain robust Quality Systems throughout the supply base. In addition to maintenance of the supply base the role will require support in new supplier evaluation and selection. The role involves regular travel to Suppliers.
This will be achieved by taking responsibility for the following tasks
- Support the Supplier Quality Manager in ensuring a robust supplier selection and approval process is developed and maintained to support contractual requirements, including maintenance of the Approved Supplier List
- Provide the necessary Quality Assurance (QA) input to the procurement process ensuring that system/platform integrity is maintained
- Support the external Supplier Quality audit programme, ensuring all suppliers of products and services are ranked, scheduled, audited and reported on appropriately.
- Liaise with suppliers in relation to the resolution of matters pertaining to Quality, including performing on-site visits to suppliers to resolve quality issues
- Maintain the appropriate EFR/NSR/NCR systems, ensuring issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Co-ordinate and support the timely resolution of quality issues, investigations and customer concerns, ensuring they are recorded and reported on in line with established Business Processes.
- Provide the necessary QA support for external audits and visits
- Support the Procurement ITT and PQQ Process.
- Support Procurement in Alternate sourcing activities.
Technical Experience and Qualifications (Essential)
- Quality experience working in an industrial supply base.
- Educated to degree level or appropriate equivalent experience
- IRCA lead auditor
- Practical knowledge and experience of multiple management systems (ISO 9001, 14001 and 18001) and continuous improvement.
- Ideally knowledge and experience of other management systems, including BS 11000, ISO 22301, PAS55, and PAS99).
- Ideally practical experience and use of continuous improvement tools and techniques e.g. process management, kaizen, lean sigma (Yellow/Green Belt preferred).
- Thorough knowledge and use of IT and the Internet
- Full UK Driving Licence
What's on offer?
The organisation offers the supportive environment you would expect from a FTSE100 employer including: enhanced employment terms and conditions, starting salary up to £35,000 pension scheme with life assurance, share ownership scheme & flexible working hours/arrangements. If this sounds like an interesting opportunity for your next role please apply online or call the recruitment team on for more information.