Compliance & Regulations Engineer
SF Group is currently looking for a Quality Engineer with experience of working within a high volume manufacturing environment.
This position has come about through business growth within the company's sector. They are currently experiencing fantastic structured growth and looking for someone to join the team and expand their career within.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of working in a comparable role, or as part of a role, in a related industry
- An understanding of the principles of UK and International consumer product legislation
- Excellent organisational and administration skills with good attention to detail
- A strong academic background, preferably engineering related
- A technical understanding of products and strong logical analytical thinking
- Capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work effectively individually or as part of a team
- Good standard of written and verbal communication skills
Key duties and responsibilities:
- The main contact within the business for all areas of product compliance which includes, but is not limited to, product safety, EMC and EMI, RoHS, REACH, waste electrical equipment, batteries, packaging, and dangerous goods transportation
- Have a strong working knowledge of European directives and CE marking, and International compliance requirements, for example UL, PSE, GOST-R
- Collaborate with the new product design teams to establish the relevant safety standards for both UK and International markets, identify any risk areas, and ensure new designs will be legally compliant
- Manage and coordinate the compliance plans and applications for new models with OEM suppliers and external test agencies, for appropriate and cost effective certification
- Maintain technical files for product lifetime certification
- Monitor applicable standards and legislation to ensure compliance with future changes
- Provide compliance and regulatory advice, support, and guidance to all departments within the business
- Company representation at IEC technical committees for the development and implementation of new standards. Some international travel can be required
For this position a salary between £30,000 - £35,000 for a very strong candidate is on offer.
If you are interested in this role please contact me ASAP on or .