Sports and challenge fundraising and events manager
My client based in Staffordshire are going through a period of change with exciting times ahead. Working for a charity you will need to be:
Highly motivated, efficient and enjoy working as part of a fast moving team. You will be responsible for raising funds by recruiting, inspiring and developing support for the charity through sports and challenge fundraising events.
The role includes:
- Generate income through the retention and recruitment of supporters and sponsors.
- Prepare, implement and monitor budgets for challenge events including having responsibility for reaching financial targets as agreed and producing detailed reports and financial analysis.
- Develop and deliver the challenge events portfolio to achieve the agreed fundraising targets.
- To work and negotiate with external partners and event companies to deliver events and build relationships with third party organisers.
- Work with other departments to manage integrated marketing plans to support promotion, recruitment and engagement of new and existing supporters in order to maximise net income and build supporter numbers across sports and challenges.
- Work as an effective member of the Events Team and Charity to support wider Event calendar and fundraising activities.
The ideal candidate will have the following background:
- Experience of managing and marketing a range of sporting and challenge events.
- Experience of working in a charity environment.
- Fundraising experience and experience of supporting large numbers fundraisers.
- Experience of managing multiple projects and competing deadlines, working under pressure.
- Experience of supporter / customer focused role within a team environment with excellent relationship building skills.
Please note you will need to be a driver to apply for this role, as travel will be required.
PLEASE NOTE: Unfortunately due to the volume of applications being received we can only respond to those offering the relevant experience as outlined in the advertisement. If you have not heard from us within 48 hours, then you may presume that your application has been unsuccessful.