We are pleased to be working alongside one of the UK’s most influential charities, to assist their recruitment needs for a PR Assistant based in Coventry.
Our client is one of the UK’s leading charities within its sector, focusing solely on its vision to protect & promote its 3.5 million users nationwide.
As a PR assistant, you will be dealing with journalists, so a confident, can do attitude is essential.
- be responsible for the PR department’s processes and ensuring they work effectively for the wider marketing and communications team. This includes; media contacts, press cutting services, monitoring press coverage, PR calendar and planner. Working with several internal and external stakeholders to deliver this.
- to help support the PR team with writing and issuing press releases
- assist in researching and writing copy for a variety of press materials both internal and external including; speeches, publications, briefs and any ad-hoc activity
- responding to press enquiries quickly and efficiently with the support of the PR team
- work with the PR Executive on PR campaigns throughout the year
- conduct research to support PR planning
- assisting the wider Marketing and Communications team with ad -hoc duties as and when necessary in any task required
- foster strong relationships with all internal departments ensuring all respective departments are engaged and approve all relevant PR activity
- liaise with relevant agencies and key suppliers
- build trust, communicate effectively, foster innovation, focus on delivery to customers, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity
- attend marketing events where appropriate
- proven experience as PR Assistant or similar position or graduate level with a passion for PR and willing to learn
- understanding of PR and marketing concepts and practices
- excellent copy writing skills and the ability to write copy for a variety of PR channels and audiences
- excellent attention to detail and proof reading skills
- confident communicator; able to work with senior level managers, journalists and other stakeholders
- excellent team work skills - happy to be part of a large marketing and communications team/small PR team of three
- capable of working to tight deadlines, under pressure and managing a varied workload
- exceptional organisation and planning skills
- desirable to have knowledge of social media to help generate content if required at events or for specific occasions
- drive, motivation and enthusiasm
- ability to think on feet and problem solve
- BSc/BA/CIPR in public relations, communications, journalism or relevant field
- creative flair
If you are a fun, creative, organised with a passion for journalism, then please apply asap to be considered for this unique opportunity.