CSR Reporting Specialist
Do you have a passion for Corporate Social Responsibility, making people aware of it internally and externally? Do you want to identify and implement best methods in order to engage Severn Trent's investor communities regarding key Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) issues?
We are looking for a CSR Reporting Specialist on a 6 months Fixed Term Contract to effectively communicate and report Severn Trent's Corporate Responsibility performance including preparation of quarterly reports for our Corporate Responsibility Committee, our annual CSR report and annual CR report and ESG data requirements. Working alongside our investor relations team, you will be proactively engage ESG analysts to ensure our performance is reported accurately so attention to detail is key in this role. You will also need to prioritise and complete ESG rankings, data capture and verification requests, including CDP and carbon trust. You will support the delivery and communication of our Corporate Responsibility framework, including quarterly reporting to the Corporate Responsibility Committee, annual report, and corporate website. Using the insights from ESG analysts, you will work alongside our communications team to stimulate communication of corporate responsibility performance to improve ESG perception and rankings. Working alongside the corporate responsibility lead, you will identify and implement opportunities to improve our corporate responsibility performance, including horizon scanning and benchmarking. Last but not least, you will support the visibility of corporate responsibility at our Annual general meeting
As a CSR Reporting Specialist, you will be experienced in
- Engaging with ESG analysts and establishing corporate responsibility frameworks
- Working in conjunction with investor relations teams and understanding investor priorities and interests
- Analysing and translating large volumes of data into meaningful messages for senior management and the wider organisation
- Ideally worked in the water or utility sector in improving ESG performance and communications
- Developing corporate responsibility or sustainability reports ideally within the water or utility sector
- Developing corporate reporting to and liaising with Chairman and Directors of other FTSE100 companies and other senior stakeholders
- Be passionate about sustainability and improving the responsibilities of business
- Have an understanding of investor priorities and ESG analysts' requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong communication skills and the ability to coordinate data form various people across the organisation
- Qualification in corporate responsibility, sustainability, IMEA
Severn Trent benefits include
- A salary of £43,000/annum
- Fantastic Pension scheme
- 28 days' holiday plus 8 bank holidays, with the option to buy or sell up to 5 additional days per year
- Full range of flexible benefits such as: SMART water (save money on your bills), private medical insurance, dental insurance, childcare voucher scheme, discounts on shopping etc.
Severn Trent is located in the heart of Coventry. We are only a 10 minute walk from the Coventry train station and a 5 minute walk from nearby bus stations making your commute journey very easy and accessible.
Who are we?
We are a FTSE 100 water company, serving 8.1 million people across the Midlands and into north and mid-Wales. Our customers, and the communities that we live and work in, are at the heart of everything we do and we are proud to be building a lasting water legacy. Our vision is to be the most trusted water company by 2020, delivering an outstanding customer experience, the best value service and environmental leadership. And we'll achieve that by putting our customers at the heart of everything we do, driving operational excellence and continuous innovation, investing responsibly for sustainable growth, changing the market for the better and creating an awesome place to work. We want our people to be part of an organisation that celebrates diversity and individual thinking as we believe a diverse and inclusive workforce is important for success. We seek to ensure that every employee and every application we receive, without exception, is treated equally and fairly.