Software Engineer - Front End
Zonal Marketing Technology is part of the Zonal group. Our DNA is that of a fast-moving start-up, but we have the clout and connections of the UK?s largest provider of technology to the hospitality industry. We work with brands like Pizza Express, JD Wetherspoons and All Bar One on everything from apps, order & pay, digital vouchers and loyalty to online bookings and table management. By linking these solutions to Zonal?s EPoS (till) system, we help hospitality brands to understand their customers? behaviour and preferences, enabling them to excel in an increasingly competitive market.
Working in a hugely innovative area, the iOrder team at Zonal is building products that are revolutionising the hospitality industry. We?re looking for dynamic individuals who share our passion for driving innovation and using technology to build better businesses. We?re going on an exciting journey, and we need more like-minded travellers to help us get there!
Working within an agile project team you will participate in all aspects of delivering software projects. You will participate in the product design, technical design, development and maintenance. .
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Deliver great software through being a core member of the delivery team, engaging with the SDLC from definition through to support
- Provide best in class customer service by participating in a support rota both in and outside of office hours
- Strive to do things the right way through the use of our existing tools and processes and by making proactive changes to constantly improve our delivery methodology
- Use existing or new technologies as appropriate to enable change through engagement with local and group technical teams.
- Embrace our existing code base and make pragmatic changes to drive the quality of the product forwards to increase the Zonal Health Metrics.
- Commercial experience in PHP, .net or JAVA (2+ years)
- Full stack development experience (2 years) including API?s, DBs and Applications
- Experience of MYSQL and MSSQL
- Development of and integration with Restful API?s
- Technology agnostic and energised/motivated by learning technologies
- Strong communicator and relationship builder
- Experience in Agile teams working closely with other roles (QA/Product Owners etc.)
- Ability to identify process improvements to the SDLC
- Use of GIT or equivalent in team based environments
- Developed code with Unit Tests
Nice to Have;
- Commercial experience of Coldfusion
- Experience of SaaS products and use of OO MVC Frameworks
- Experience working on ecommerce and Omni Channel products
- Data centric software development and designs
- Hospitality/leisure industry experience
- Agile/Scrum training
- Working in a rapidly growing business
Marketing Technologies is a division of the Zonal Group. Marketing Technologies provide innovative marketing solutions to the UK hospitality industry. Zonal is the UK?s leading providing of technology solutions to the hospitality industry.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959275966