Handyman / Caretaker
Fountain House, Great Cornbow, Halesowen, B63 3BL
Fountain House is currently undergoing a multi-million-pound renovation. The office building is set across three wings and is circa. 70,000 sq ft. As part of our commitment to ensuring our offices are always Grade A and offer the best first impression, a vacancy is available for a Caretaker / Handyman.
The role will work alongside the existing Facilitates Manager and the Security Manager. Fountain House already benefits from 24-hour security and a team of cleaners to ensure the building is maintained to the highest standards.
Both full time and part time applications will be considered.
Main purpose of the job
- To provide efficient and effective caretaking support to Fountain House, including ensuring the general appearance of the buildings and surrounding areas are maintained in accordance with the required standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To undertake minor items of repair and minor maintenance of the building. Including the minor repair of fixtures and fittings including desks, tables and chairs as appropriate.
- Responsible for all planned preventative maintenance on site, including but not limited to proactive and reactive work.
- To assist with minor plumbing including unblocking sinks and drains etc.
- To deal with minor electrical repairs and fixings.
- Responsible for the PAT testing and maintenance of all electrical equipment on site (full training can be provided)
- Regularly check external areas for any potential danger to people on site.
- Daily litter picks, sweeping of hard surfaces, emptying of litter bins, attending to planters.
- Assist with deliveries and general portage duties.
- Support with other cleaning duties as and when required.
- Competent at basic building repairs and maintenance.
- Use of small industrial/electrical/mechanical equipment.
- Knowledge of health and safety procedures and precautions, including COSHH regulations and an awareness of health and hygiene procedures.
- Literacy and Numeracy skills sufficient to check delivery notes, measurements etc.
- Able to regularly handle/carry items.
At certain points of the day the post holder will be expected to undertake bending, lifting and stretching in the course of their duties e.g. minor maintenance work, remedial painting and decorating, general repairs, receiving deliveries of goods and equipment, setting out and putting away furniture.
Due to the nature of the post there will be an expectation that the post holder will be exposed to dirt and dust which on occasions, for example adverse weather conditions, may be higher than normal.
NB: This job description is intended to give the post-holder an appreciation of the role envisaged and the range of duties and responsibilities to be undertaken. It does not attempt to cover every activity. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post-holder at regular intervals. The post-holder will be required, at all times, to perform any other reasonable task as requested by the building management, in order to meet the operational needs of the business.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959277432