Programme Quality Engineer
We have had a fantastic opportunity become available for a Programme Quality Engineer based in Gaydon, Solihull and Whitley on an initial 26 week contract. For more of a description please see below.
Acting as the Quality conscience within a Vehicle programme. This conscience will be demonstrated during Programme meetings and in one to one contacts with Product Engineers and others.
- Ensuring the integrity of product quality maturation via the management of Quality Gateway Reviews.
- Working with Product Engineering on the robust completion of programme quality deliverables.
- Influencing the Programme team through the use of key quality metrics.
- Identification of Quality risks in the Virtual and Physical phases and the management of mitigation actions.
The candidate must have the relevant skills to be successful in the role ;
- Programme Management (not necessarily in a Quality role)
- Application of Quality tools - primarily Design Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (DFMEA)
- Ability to lead cross functional teams and influence others
- Experience in Automotive Engineering or other Technical Industry
- Ability to analyse data and present complex issues in a brief & straightforward manner.
- Strong oral and written communication & IT skills
- Highly driven individual with proactive personality and strong interpersonal skills.
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- Highly disciplined and tenacious to follow open issues through to closure.
- Ability to balance and manage multiple work streams.
- Driving Licence and ability to travel between the company's West Midlands sites
- Knowledge of Structured Problem Solving tools (eg 8D) and Process Improvement (Six Sigma).
- Knowledge of Product Development Gateway / Milestone processes
Must be a EU Citizen to apply
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959277536