We are recruiting for Order Pickers in the Hixon area.
As an Order Picker you will need to have:
- A Valid Forklift Counterbalance licence is desirable but not essential
- Previous warehouse and order picking experience
- Good confidence in working with hand held scanners
- Good reliability towards attendance and punctuality
- Salary: Between £7.50ph and £8.50ph
- Working hours of Order Pickers are 8:30am till 6pm Monday to Friday.
- Location: Hixon, Staffordshire
- Duration: Temporary to Permanent
Role of an Order Picker:
You will be working as an Order Picker in a well known, established company based in the Hixon area. You will be working in a busy warehouse picking orders for customers/clients. There is some training involved before starting but you must have previous experience in working in a warehouse as an order picker.
Candidates with FLT Licences will have more of an advantage as you may be trained up on the counterbalance, Reach and VNA trucks, working on racking. Before you join the FLT team, your current in-date licence will be converted to an in-house VNA licence enabling you to operate the VNA FLT truck on-site. The suitable candidate will have worked on heights similar to 12 meters. Candidates who come from busy, well established warehouses will suit the position perfectly as during the busy periods, overtime and working extra days will be expected of you.
So be prepared!
There is a lot of manual labour/heavy lifting involved in this job. So the position does require candidates to have a certain level of fitness to keep up and cope with the heavy loads and the fast-paced environment. Other normal warehouse duties will involve pallet building and wrapping, loading and unloading containers. Cleaning duties will be expected from all members of staff.
- 28 Holidays per year
- Weekly Pay
- Other licences and qualifications can be achieved
- Pension Scheme
- Employed Status
- Discounted Holiday Club
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Mortgage References
- My Extra Rewards - An online portal offering vouchers and discounts
If you are interested in the above role, please click apply.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959275654