Great opportunity to work for an established manufacturer, which supplies into the automotive industry.
Global manufacturer of automotive solutions
- Manage supply base for commodities assigned to support the production demand.
- Expedite and de-expedite materials based on production schedule changes.
- Develop suppliers for new and existing business needs.
- Drive cost reductions to support BU and corporate initiatives.
- Facilitate and execute supplier audits and drive corrective action activities when needed.
- Communicate and report supplier performance metrics and drive performance improvements in supply base.
- Manage inventories on assigned commodities.
- Research root causes of inventory discrepancies by extracting data from ERP.
- Work with other departments to build inventory accuracy, standard procedures, controls, practices and system.
- Monitor and communicate supplier performance
- Purchase goods, materials and services to ensure that the company operational needs are met, taking into account price, quality and delivery and to ensure continuity of supply.
- ensure timely deliveries, acceptable quality levels, and lean flow of materials in line with meeting customer contract delivery dates and company financial objectives
- Establish and manage relationships with suppliers and continually seek value added opportunities
- Liaison with Store with regards kit issue.
- Order stationery in line with company policy.
- Raise purchase orders covering:
- Expediting and de-expediting of material on order.
- Raise to buyer level any delays likely to affect production.
- Maintain list of prospective suppliers and materials.
- Collect and enter supplier quotations into spread sheets for evaluation.
- Provide samples and information to prospective suppliers.
- Maintain log of outstanding contracts
- Copying and filing of signed contracts.
- Compile RFQ packages (including drawings and specifications)
- Assist Supply Chain Manager as required on daily and project work.
- Engineering Drawing release (Keep of drawing that are issue to suppliers/change of issues
Able to hit the ground running and become a focal part of the procurement function, displayed a good knowledge of purchasing and supply chain practices, with a willingness to get apply themselves practically to every application and aspect of the role. There is a view for the position to become permanent for the right person.
Flexible hourly rate. Scope for a permanent role.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76780848